Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Abbi

HAVE I LOST MY MIND???

Ok, it's been a while since I read through my materials. I made it to goal, and while I've played with the same 5 or so pounds, I've basically maintained, by counting my points every day. Today, though, my DH picked up some marinated boneless, skinless chicken breasts at the store. I said--that sounds good, wonder how bad it messes up the points, so I figured it up-- 4 oz serving, 110 cal, 1.5 gm fat--I'm coming up with 2 points for 4 oz, when I have ALWAYS counted b'less, s'less chicken as 1 pt/oz. I looked on Dotti's site, and it looks like 1 point/ounce, too...so tell me, have I been counting it wrong all this time, or have I found a new brand of chicken???

TIA!

Abbi

Abbi<br />SW 179, CW 125, GW 125<br />At (or close to) goal since 5/03

I've always counted it one point per ounce. You say it's marinated though. Maybe the additional point is coming from calories or fat in the marinade?

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Well, see, that's the thing--it's not an extra point, it's HALF the points!!! :eek: I'm just trying to figure out how that's possible!

Thanks!

Abbi

Abbi<br />SW 179, CW 125, GW 125<br />At (or close to) goal since 5/03

Guest imported_Kelly_S

I get boneless, skinless chicken at Wal-Mart (thier brand) and get 6 ounces for 4 points. 1 point per ounce cooked is a general idea when you don't have nutritional information.

You an use www.calorieking.com and www.dietfacts.com as well as the USDA database to help you.

Many of you would be surprised to know that manytimes you can even get steak 3 points for 4 ounces.

Could also be that the chicken is injected with the marinade solution, which means there's water weight in there that will cook out. I'd be interested to see how much it weighs after it's cooked. I say go with the label, but if your weight loss stalls, then go back to counting 1 point per ounce. (Looks like you might be at goal so this might not be an issue.)

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)