Health Discovery Network
Guest TulsaJen

Newbie W/ A Question

Guest TulsaJen

Heidi-Ho, all!

This is actually my second time on WW. I joined last time to lose weight after my first baby, then took some time off while I was pregnant with my second! My daughter is almost 4 weeks old, and I'm back!

Here's my question...

I know some things have changed and WW has some new products. First, does WW have a meal replacement bar, and can anyone recommend one? I have to have a mid-afternoon snack and I am constantly on the go. I love bars, but so many of them are pretty high in points! Any suggestions?

Also, can anyone recommend a WW cookbook? I bought one a while back (the chicken one), but the recipes were all made up of ingredients that are kind of weird and complicated! I'm a simple gal, and I just would like to have a recipe book of things I can whip up in between nursing a newborn and chasing a toddler!

Well, thanks!

Welcome back Jennie, and congrats on your new baby!

I am not aware of a meal replacement WW bar. They have snack and breakfast bars, but I'm sure if you take your points calculator to the store you can find one that is equal to what you would typically spend in Points for a meal.

My favorite WW cookbook is one called "Simply Delicious"--it uses ingredients you have and my family loves it too. They have a crock pot one called "In Good Time" that is good, and I like "In One Pot" as well--these are kind of old, but you might get them on Ebay for cheap-- I paid $5 each for them over a year ago!

Good luck at Boot Camp! :salut

Em

SW 189.5

CW 173.2 Goal=155 (10% 159)

Lifetime 12/06 at 155#

"Never give up. . . and never surrender." Cmdr. Peter Quincy Taggart, Galaxy Quest

Hi Jennie,

Welcome back. I go to meetings in Tulsa though I live about 45 minutes away. As was said WW has 1 pt and 2 pt bars. They are pretty pricey I ate them years ago on WW now I don't spend the money on them. I like Qauker Chewy Granola bars you can get them in a variety pack and they are 2pts each and the best I have found. If you need more chocolate you can get the dips version a little more expensive but they are chocolate covered and generally 3pts a bar with a couple less bars per package. There are also lots of high fiber bars at places like walmart but the price tends to go up per bar when you get into the specialty bars with high fiber or protein. Just take your points calculator and check out some at the store is my suggestion.

Also if you aren't going to a meeting I suggest going and checking one out to get aquinted with the latest changes to the program. Judy the leader at Highland Plaza is AWESOME if you need a place to go.

Blake

MO Platoon Member #711

SW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 | GW -179.0 ##/##/## | LT - 10/06/07| CW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 - +0.0# | Current Loss - 0.0#

Welcome to BCB, Jennie. I can't recommend a WW recipe book because I don't own any. Look through the recipe section here on BCB for (free) recipes. :) Find a home board or two (either by age, buddy system, or buddy groups) and post often for buddy support. :wave:

I like Qauker Chewy Granola bars

Me too!

Just take your points calculator and check out some at the store is my suggestion.
I agree. :)

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Oh I forgot Amiees Adventures has some great free WW cookbooks online. I like hers because she has photos of everything she made. I am not big on WW recepies myself. I just try and eat things I always have just make them healthy by using lean meats, low fat products when possible and so on.

Blake

MO Platoon Member #711

SW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 | GW -179.0 ##/##/## | LT - 10/06/07| CW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 - +0.0# | Current Loss - 0.0#

Guest mom2-4boys

Check out the new GM Fiber One bars. They really are good. The chocolate one is 2 pts and the PB are 3 pts.

Jen, welcome,

I have about 8 WW cookbooks but to be honest I usually go to the recipe section here. People post recipes that they have tried and like. I find that a better testimonial.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

but to be honest I usually go to the recipe section here. People post recipes that they have tried and like. I find that a better testimonial.

I completely agree!! I have found a bunch of good ideas, plus then you don't have to store a book with only a few good recipes. I just make a word doc. and cut and paste my favorites.

Welcome!

Mindy