Health Discovery Network
hollyn

Anyone else flip flop between core & flex?

I can't decide and I am always going back and forth. Week to week... day to day.

I love the ease of core... I love the versatility of flex.

I know I need to make a decision one way or the other... Just thought I'd get some insight.

Holly

Holly

Mom of 4

Start Date September 3, 2007

Lost 3.5 pounds!

weight.png

GW 118

Why do you need to make a decision one way or another? The way the plans were explained to me, way back when, was that you could be flexible. You could switch back and forth depending on what was going on with you. I don't think you have to pick one and never change. :bcb_wink3

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

You just have to stay on one for one week, and then you can switch.

The program doesn't work, otherwise. :salut

However, when you get to goal...and maintenance...you can switch everyday! :bcb_up But I don't know anybuddy who wants to! :bcb_happy

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

I did switch from core to flex this past week. Everything is ok from what I logged.I did better on flex then core pts wise but we will see tomarrow when I weigh in if it helped weight wise? I do like the flex but I just hate logging everything. But atleast it keeps me on track. I dont know if this will help but I think you just have to go one week on one and then the other and decide what one you can do thats easier for you.

Till later...

t-253459449.jpgBut So Worth It!

Visit my site for motivation and friends that use W.W. to be the Biggest Loser!

http://fitsisters.spaces.live.com

s.w.=260lbs

rejoined W.W. 6/26/07 190.5 lb

c.w.=185 lbs

g.w.=130 lbs

I thought I heard my leader say once that some people may want to do Core during the week and Flex on the weekends...

Carla

SW 172 -- 08/10/06

GW 135 -- 12/14/06

CW 145 -- 11/29/09 (My "Oh, Crap!" number)

Lifetime member gettin' back to goal!

I lost all my weight totally CORE, but now I've been maintaining for a while, and things are a bit different. I will always eat as close to CORE as possible, but I count as though I'm FLEX on the days that I know I'll be eating out. Even though I'll probably enjoy a dinner that's as close to CORE as possible, there's now way I can know that it totally is....so that day will be counted as a FLEX day...points and all.

So, I guess I'm CORE by choice, FLEX by neccessity. : o )

Joy

Reduced my cholesterol by 55 points in four weeks!

Don't quit because something is going to 'take time', the time is going to pass regardless, use it wisely!!

Not me - after the first couple of weeks when I "tried out" Core, and did still do some days Flex, I soon realized that with the WPA and AP, I would have all the flexibility I needed, while doing Core. After nearly 2 years of tracking, I don't have a problem with it and still write everything down - but only keep track of quantities and points of the nonCore items. Maybe it's the combination of being on Maintenance and Core, but this feels more normal to me than Flex ever did, although I certainly got used to doing Flex when I was doing it.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

I'm glad y'all posted about this. My leader suggested that I might want to try a week on Core, since I haven't been losing consistently on Flex (and I have been OP, so ...)

The problem is that one reason I picked WW and specifically Flex was to get my portions under control. I have a really difficult time stopping when I'm full, or even knowing when I'm full until I'm FULL. That makes me a bit scared to try Core. Actually, Core is basically how I ate before WW because I was always weight and health conscious.

My leader also said that it's unusual for someone to lose more on Core than on Flex, but she's seen it happen a couple times, so it might be worth giving it a go. She said that they suggest Core to a lot of folks on Flex who are losing too quickly. To other leaders - is this true in your experience as well? Is it rare to lose more on Core than on Flex?

The days are wonderful and the nights are wonderful and the life is pleasant.

-Gertrude Stein, "Portrait of Mabel Dodge at the Villa Curonia"

My leader also said that it's unusual for someone to lose more on Core than on Flex, but she's seen it happen a couple times, so it might be worth giving it a go. She said that they suggest Core to a lot of folks on Flex who are losing too quickly. To other leaders - is this true in your experience as well? Is it rare to lose more on Core than on Flex?

That is an interesting question. There is only one person at my meeting that is doing Core and she has lost over 80 pounds. (The leader often asks if anyone is doing Core.) Whenever that lady gets a five pound star the leader always mentions that she did it on Core, which always made me wonder if she is surprised by it. Whenever a flex person loses she never mentions anything about their plan. That seems odd to me. I have been thinking about switching to Core myself, but this leader is discouraging it and I don't really understand why. She simply says things like "Core is for busy people" or "on Core you have be sure to eat six mini-meals a day". :bcb_confu

I have been thinking about switching to Core myself, but this leader is discouraging it and I don't really understand why. She simply says things like "Core is for busy people" or "on Core you have be sure to eat six mini-meals a day". :bcb_confu

I don't get the comments your leader made. Maybe she hasen't tried it herself or it didn't work for her? That doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for you!

I can't compare between Core and Flex but I do know from my experience that Core does work. I've lost 16 pounds in 9 weeks!! So far it has been pretty painless!!

Here are some of the things I've noticed on Core:

Because you are by definition eating nutritions foods your body seems to crave less junk. To me this happened almost straightaway and felt quite bizzarre (and amazing!!)

Lately I've noticed that I get pretty hungry and then I eat a balanced Core meal (with protein, oil and veggies/fruit) and eating feels wonderful. (Before I would just eat because it is time to eat or because I'm upset/bored, etc and would often pick junlier foods and end up not feeling satisfied.)

It almost feels like by body is grateful for this oportunity to heal itself!

I highly recomend Core!!

New SW 199 (March 30, 2011)

First goal 5%- 189

~2nd Weigh-in~ I'm down 3.8 lb!!

~3rd Weigh-in~ Down .2 Whyyyy!!??

I don't know why, but the emphasis seems to be on flex at meetings & the plan that gets "pushed" the most.

I've had better success on core than I did flex. I cringe at the thought of going back to flex. Nothing against flex. I just hate counting points for every thing. I journal every thing that goes in my mouth, but only count points on non-core items.

I think it is one of those, "what works for you" kind of deals.

Best wishes which ever way you decide.

Cricket

SW: 218

CW: 180 :bcb_down 1/2 way back to the "BAD PLACE."

GW: 145

Success is a journey, not a destination, enjoy the ride.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-graciante

I started out on flex and switched to core about 7 weeks ago. I have lost about the same on both plans. I love core and not having to write everything down. I only write down my non core items. I am concerned about following core when summer is over and the availability of fresh fruits and vegetables is less. I may switch back to flex then.

I guess it is whatever works for you, I just wish that they would give more support for people on core at the meetings.

Carmen

Success is not a race, be patient.

Guest jmjgtodd

I had been doing Core for the last year and really love that way of eating. I've gotten some really good eating habits doing Core. However, over the last few months, a couple of pounds have creeped back on.

I decide to switch over to Flex for a bit just for a bit more structure (for me). I

am basically sticking to Core foods but counting the points.

I'm down a few pounds already and eventually will go back to Core. Maybe for me, it's a good idea to switch to Flex every once in a while just to get an idea of points.

Thats the beauty of the program, you have choices!

I'm still having portion size issues with my brain so I think I best stay with Flex for now.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I'm lifetime and have been maintaining for about two years now post baby. I do a mangled mash of core and flex. I count my points but try to incorporate as many core items into my day as possible. I am fortunate though that I have a high daily points allowance to maintain.

Laura Elizabeth

Born May 7th 2005

A miracle blessing indeed.

Originally Posted by petitebubble

My experience has been people tend to lose more on Core. I know I do so why have I've done Flex the last 3 weeks. No one in my class loses too quickly. One lady on Core has lost every week since she joined and loses an average of 3 lbs. a week.

My reasoning for going back to Flex was because I like a Fiber One bar daily and also like desserts that I would need to count points for (WW desserts, ice cream--fat free, bread, etc.). I rarely eat bread but do enjoy a sandwich from Subway or Planet Sub once a week. I should count the points out of my 35 or earn activity points.

My new week starts Sunday and I'm going back to Core. It just works best for me. I've not lost any weight and last 3 weeks either doing Flex. Carbs are not my friend and I know I have too many on Flex.

MJ

MJB

"No matter how much money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." Louis Sabin

I did Core for 16 months and lost 71lbs. I switched to Flex because my portions were getting out of control. I have lost another 9 lbs in two months since the switch. Both plans have their good points. I agree what works for you, may not work for someone else. I am now enjoying things like peanuts or sunflower seeds on my salad and working them into my daily points where as before, I would not have eaten those, because I wanted to save my 35 extra for desserts and junk. Wierd, I know... but to each their own. Find what works for you and run with it....

I may switch back to Core come winter, when I can have my higher point value but very nutritious "soups and stews" types of food when its not 118 degrees here!

PJ:exercise:

'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!

SW 315

High weight while pregnant 300

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Working on getting back down to thin!

I switch back and forth often. I love both programs and both work for me. Iget tired of the same thing after a few weeks so I usually switch about once a month.

"I choose not to dig my own grave with a fork and a spoon!"

Pamala Lynn

Guest LostTeacher

i just recently switched to core, after losing 35lbs on flex, but being at a stall for the last few months.

i was told the best idea was to switch when you feel like you've hit that plateau, and that's what i am trying.

so far, i've really liked eating on core, and have been using and counting my extras. i am waiting to see how my first weigh-in on it goes. i will also be adding a little more exercise either this week or next week, so hopefully this will make a difference.

LT