Health Discovery Network
Cheryl40

Question about WW goal weight

I asked my group leader tonight about setting a WW goal weight. I passed my 10% several weeks ago. She pulled out the week 1 book and pointed to the last column - the top range of weight and said that would be my goal - 137

I'm 41 and 5 foot 2. Does this sound right? I haven't been there in years, so I don't know what it would look like on me, but the lower weight range (114) sounds too low.

Thanks!

Cheryl

This, I can control - I can do this....

SW 191 3/20/07; CW 156.2; GW 137?

weight.png

That is the top of the healthy weight range for your height.

When I started I thought the top of my range was too low but it turned out I ended up even lower. I still kept my goal at the top of the range so I can have a goal I can maintain as I get older. If you want to set your goal now, go ahead and choose the top of your range. You can always change it later and you can get a doctors goal if you get closer and think it would not be healthy for you to go lower. But you don't have to decide now. I didn't set my goal till I got within a few pounds of it. Like CW says, don't worry about the last pound till it is the last pound.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

I'm 41 and 5 foot 2. Does this sound right? I haven't been there in years, so I don't know what it would look like on me, but the lower weight ranges sound too low.

Thanks!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Check out my pictures. I am 5 foot 2 with short legs for my height, and in my after pic. I am within 2 pounds of 137. It's not "skinny" by any means... but it's pretty darned good. It's not too low. You can get there!

Many people set their goal at the top of the weight range for their height.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I'm also 5'2" and my WW goal is 135 but I have a lower personal goal. I am 32 now I was about 30 when I made my goal(Though I am losing again to get back to goal). You can take a look at my pictures if you want also.

I did not set my goal weight till I was like 10-20 lbs away. I only set it then because my leader wanted me to enter a before and after WW contest and I needed to put a goal weight otherwise I would have waited till I was closer.

I wouldn't worrry about it too much till you are close to goal.

Laura (·Î¶ó )

weight.png

Laura's Weight loss Journey

Korea Pictures

Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

Many people set their for goal for the top of their weight goal. Remember, you can always set your own personal goal for lower. Get to the healthy weight range and then decided how you feel at that weight.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Remember too that as soon as you hit your "official" WW goal and then stay below that number for six weeks, then you won't have to pay each week. If you select a lower number than you'll have to keep paying until you get there.

Weaver

A wise and frugile comment!

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Remember too that as soon as you hit your "official" WW goal and then stay below that number for six weeks, then you won't have to pay each week. If you select a lower number than you'll have to keep paying until you get there.

I have a question about this. Someone at WW, who just reached her Lifetime, told me that if you are more than 2 lbs. under your goal weight, you still had to pay. I want my goal to be 160 but wanted to set a PG of lower than that, but not if I have to pay every time I go to a meeting.

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

I have a question about this. Someone at WW, who just reached her Lifetime, told me that if you are more than 2 lbs. under your goal weight, you still had to pay. I want my goal to be 160 but wanted to set a PG of lower than that, but not if I have to pay every time I go to a meeting.

Laveta

That is not true. I've been as much as 12 pounds under WW goal and never had to pay. Sounds like either she got some bad information. Sometimes the people that work there just assume the rules but if you press them they will get it right.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Joanne,

That is such good news!! Thank you! I never reached goal the other times I've been on WW because I always had an unobtainable number in my head that I wanted to reach. This time I want to stop at a weight that is not impossible but still try to see where my body can get to on maintenance and exercise.

Of course that is a ways down the road.

Laveta

SW: 225.6

CW: 175.8

HW: 245 (non-pregnancy weight)

Rejoined 5/15/2010 to get to LIFETIME!

Joanne is right. WW will not complain about your weight being "too low" unless your weight gets too far below the healthy range for your height, or too far below your doctor's prescribed weight if that's how you set your goal.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Laveta

The others are right - this isn't true. I am currently 12 plus pounds below my goal weight and they don't care unless i get to below the bottom of my Weight range.

Laura Elizabeth

Born May 7th 2005

A miracle blessing indeed.

I made my WW goal weight slightly lower than the max suggested by WW because I feel that the number I chose is a healthy weight for me. I want the added financial pressure of maintaining my weight below that point. My personal weight goal is 5 lbs. or so less than my WW goal.

I figure that the money I spent getting to my WW goal were a good trade-off. I considered it the cost of my RX for good health.

Amy

SW 164.8

WWG 130

Ideal Range: 118-123

CW 129.0

Lifetime 3/1/07

Guest angel3y35

I agree with the others. Wait until you're a little further along. My weight range is 114 to I think 130. I'm 5'3 but 114 is too skinny for me. When I weighed that way too many years ago (110) I was in a size 2. Once you get closer you can kind of see what you might look like at that weight and be able to decide easier.

I am aiming for the very top of what I should be.

At my meeting today they said that if you think the weight WW's is saying is your goal is too low you can get a Dr's note on what they think is your healthy weight. If you do this they will use this instead.

SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.:bcb_march