Health Discovery Network
Guest promancejr

Is weight watchers a good program if..

Guest promancejr

Is weight watchers a good program to lose 10 pounds?..

Let me explain.. I am 20 years old, 5'2 and 120 pounds, although this is not a bad weight, it does not look good on my body, I would like to get down to 110 even 105.. I have short legs so I want them to get thinner. I chose weight watchers because it is the only diet where you actually can eat and not feel hungry all the time. It also stops all the junk food eating.

When ever I read about people who have lost weight it seems that they lose a significant amount, so I was wondering if I could achieve my goal of losing 10 pounds on weight watchers?

thank you!

Of course you can! People who lose significant amounts of weight have to lose 10 lbs first, after all. :)

The ads will always feature someone who lost quite a bit of weight because 10 lbs wouldn't seem like a lot to people who have more than that to lose and are looking for a program to do it.

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

Sure! There is a woman in our meeting who made lifetime in 6 weeks losing 15 lb. For her, the 15 lb. were holding her back and that was her goal; for me, 150 lb. is holding me back. Either way, the plan is a healthy way that we can eat for our entire lives, rather than a short term diet that, when the weight is gone, has left us unable to make healthy choices to stay at goal weight.

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

You can maintain your current weight by eating 2000 cals

(35 - 40 points)

You can lose by cutting your intake to 25 - 28 points

WW's points questionaire puts you in that range too (21 target points +WPA and AP's = 25 to 28)

This is very doable

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

Is weight watchers a good program to lose 10 pounds?..

Let me explain.. I am 20 years old, 5'2 and 120 pounds, although this is not a bad weight, it does not look good on my body, I would like to get down to 110 even 105.

Yes WW would work. I had an ex-cowork that I'm still in contact with how I did not think she needed WW but she wanted to loose a few lbs and learn to eat healthy. So she joined with another co-worker.

I wanted to comment that I am also 5'2 and the healthy weight range is 109-137 lb. So getting to 105 you would most likely have to get a doctors note saying that weight is ok for you.

Laura (·Î¶ó )

weight.png

Laura's Weight loss Journey

Korea Pictures

Lifetime Since Feburary 15th 2005

Can you join. To be a member and make lifetime you need to lose a minimum of 5lbs. Just as a warning be prepared for some people to look at you if you go to the meetings and wonder why you are there.

Laura Elizabeth

Born May 7th 2005

A miracle blessing indeed.