Health Discovery Network
kygrl

enough is enough

What was everyone"s breaking point? What finally made you say,"enough is enough?" Mine was looking at pictures of me and my grandson in a pool a few weeks ago I was disgusted! Good thing the camera has a delete option.icon9.gif

Christina

weight.png

Mine was medical, I couldn't carry the weight and I was falling. That was the "click" - enough was enough!

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Mine was the shock of seeing a photo of me.....and then thinking this is how people actually see me????

MO Platoon Member #911

-Eric-

Hgt: 6ft 6in

Start Wt. May '06 - 425 lbs

Started WW: 06/25/07 367.5 lbs

Current Wt. - 351.8 lbs

Goal Wt. - 300 lbs

bcbsig.jpg

weight.png

Mine was when I was sitting on my couch and I dropped something - I leaned down to pick it and it was a real struggle because my fat was in way! I could feel my fat - it was gross!

Jenn :salut

Start Weight 219.5 (04/05/11)

Goal Weight 140 - 79.5 lbs to go!

Goal #1 - 10% Goal (21.95 lbs)

I sort of backed into the program. My coffee break friends were trying to start an at work site meeting and needed a few more people to make the quota. I said why not, been trying to drop the poundage for a long time by exercising but it would not stay off.

It worked for me!!

I hit lifetime and the rest is blissful history so they say.

Also old photos of me when I was huge helped me keep motivated to keep loosing.

Great board this one here.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)

Mine was when my daughter was 9 months old and she crawling toward the heat run. I was sitting on the floor and needed to get up quickly to get her before she got to it. It was a struggle to get off the floor. I did get to her in time but I didn't like how hard it was to simply get off the floor. That was my bottom, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I had my son 6 months ago and went right back to ww, there wasn't a bottom this time I just knew what I had to do before it got difficult to get off the floor.

My breaking point was when I could not even bend down to pick up the things I dropped. I got out of breath just taking a shower! Had trouble tying my shoes and could not walk a decent distance without running out of breath. I was totally disgusted about myself It was time for me to go back to WW.

mine was kind of personal, lets just say it happend in the bedroom and it was not a highlight of my marriage. But it did wake me up to realize I was getting way to big and to much for my husband to handle, he is only 155 and I was 260. I didnt want for him to have to suffer along with me because I cant do certain stuff so I said enough is enough and Im getting healthy for me and my babe!

t-253459449.jpgBut So Worth It!

Visit my site for motivation and friends that use W.W. to be the Biggest Loser!

http://fitsisters.spaces.live.com

s.w.=260lbs

rejoined W.W. 6/26/07 190.5 lb

c.w.=185 lbs

g.w.=130 lbs

I looked at myself in the mirror after a shower and said that I had "more rolls than a bakery!!!!" It was a great thing that happened. I am so glad that it happened.

Jennifer

SW - 267 lbs. - 05/14/05

CW - 275.8 - 06/18/10

WWG - 170 lbs - 04/21/07

LIFETIME: 06/02/07

Mine was my mother being diagnosed with diabetes. I'd rather get a handle on my eating and exercising habits now rather than wait to see if I'll end up with diabetes too.

Weaver

Mine was a picture. I usually do my best to stay out of photos, but my husband innocently took one while we were at the beach and I was just standing there watching the grandkids - not even in a swimsuit! - and when I saw it, I was completely horrified, mortified, shocked, embarrassed, etc! Still took me a while to land on a plan for me, but everything leads back to that picture!

Greta

When I was pregnant DH got me special seat belt extenders for the cars, I never needed to use them in the driver's or passenger seats. But 6 months after my son was born I needed one to sit in the middle seat of our truck. Even with the extender it was a tight fit. I laughed it off and cried silently on the way home. Saw the WW comercial w/Jenny McCarthy (who I trusted after reading her pregnancy and baby books) and just decieded it was the right thing to do.

~Daria~

weight.png

HW:234/CW:192/GW:153/PG:135

This week's goal: Get back on track w/my excercise

Choice, not chance, determines destiny.

Experiences last longer than flavors.

Guest angel3y35

And have had several adding on each other. One my mom has lost 32 pounds and 48 inches and I can't let her catch up with me :bcb_grin Second, looking at my friends from high school in their pictures at the beach. Skinny perfect bodies. I remember when I was 110 pounds. Also looking at my wedding pictures and being so unhappy with the way I looked in them. Lastly, I saw a picture of myself from highschool and was seriously depressed about the 50-60 pounds I've gained in the past seven years.

Lastly, I saw a picture of myself from highschool and was seriously depressed about the 50-60 pounds I've gained in the past seven years.

I know the feeling. I used to think I looked fat in HS (I've always been a big girl) but I would kill to be that weight again, although I'm almost there:bcb_smile !!

~Daria~

weight.png

HW:234/CW:192/GW:153/PG:135

This week's goal: Get back on track w/my excercise

Choice, not chance, determines destiny.

Experiences last longer than flavors.

What a great thread. I"m inspired all over again.

I gained a bunch of weight after quitting smoking and have been kicking around the same #'s for the past five years - lose a little, gain it back, etc. What kicked my butt this time into high gear was holding my DH's hand. I noticed his (our) wedding ring and how pretty it was. We had them custom designed and cast. I remember how excited I was about those matching wedding bands. I called every day asking after them. "Are they ready yet? Are they ready yet??" Fast forward and it's been about five years since I could even fit in my ring.

So now, every day, I try to put it on and think "Am I there yet? Am I there yet??" lol. Not quite.

Ya Ya Name: Empress Weeping River

weight.png

I had two things that was the last straw.

1. Is that I can't keep up with my 3 year old DD and I don't want her to have to be teased because she has a fat mom.

2. Was a picture of me sitting next to my dd at Christmas and I had 10 chins.

That was it for me. I never realised how bad it had become.

SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.:bcb_march

Mine was Memorial Day Weekend when I was camping with DH and the kids. I had bought a swimsuit for the first time in 5 years and it was a size 16. DH made a comment that it looked like an old ladies swimsuit, but it was the only one I could find that fit and hid all my fat rolls. That was it for me and I started on ww on June 4. So far I've lost 11 lbs and I hope by next summer I'll be in one of those cute swimsuits.

Susan

SW: 173.5 6/4/07

CW: 154.5 1/06/07

10% GW: 156 met on 8/13/07!

GW: 148

PGW: 135

My "click" came when I got some vacation pictures back. I was wondering who my DH took a picture of sitting in a folding chair...then realized it was me! OMG! 4.gif I took that picture right out of the pack and kept it as my before picture. I am down 52 pounds and even though I still have a ways to go, I was much more comfortable this year having my picture taken on vacation. Thanks for this thread...it was a great reminder of how far I have come.

:salut MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I just started the program a few days ago. Last week I was at the pool with my 4 year old son, and he said "Mommy, why is your belly so fat?" I explained to him that some people were bigger than others, and that everyone was made differently. He then told me "Well, you were made with the fattest belly here!" Gotta love the honesty that comes out of a child's mouth. That was definatly the turning point for me. I dont want him to think I am the fattest person he knows. Not only am I doing it for myself, but to show my son that being healthy is a great path to go down!

Cathy

mine happened one weekend when all the clothes i normally wear were dirty and my roommates were using the washer and dryer, so i went to my closet to find something to wear for dinner. i tried on about 5 pairs of pants, capris, and skirts and not a one fit me! and i swear that the black pants had fit me not more than a month ago, which to me meant that i was gaining weight FAST! it's only been a week, but i'm doing pretty good so far. and i kept all those clothes cause i am determined to wear them again!

(ME) SW: 158.2; CW: 158.2; Goal: 140

(DH) SW: 248.4; CW: 248.4; Goal: 220

Mine was seeing a picture of myself and my son, and I filled up half the picture! It's really been a number of things; my brother's death at 61 from complications from obesity, my clothes being...not stylish, and too tight to boot, and that picture. I rejoined today, and I'm on my way!

gui

SW: 240:bcb_cry:

WWGW: 120:kickbutt:

PGW: 115:bcb_up

I'm 5'0 on a good day.

1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

weight.png

Well, where does one start? I always just laughed off being overweight by making jokes about myself so everyone woulf laugh... In 2005, we took our first family vacation... my neice and I waited almost 2 hours for a ride, when I went to buckle up, they kicked me off, I was so embarrased for my neice and myself... after we got home, I saw this picture of me, DD and Minnie Mouse and about died.... THEN http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/pj21677/?action=view&current=MomToriMinnie02.jpg

Newest Picture I have uploaded: http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q145/pj21677/?action=view&current=33807face232.jpg

We wanted life insurance and the rep came to measure and weigh us... the wouldn't cover me for the dollar amount we wanted... AND, they almost doubled the quote for 1/5 less of the coverage

I WILL get to my GOAL!

PJ:exercise:

'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!

SW 315

High weight while pregnant 300

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Working on getting back down to thin!

as dumb as this sounds, it was when the guy i liked started asking me about my friend... if she had a boyfriend, etc.

i am doing this for myself but it won't be so bad to start turning some heads as well! :bcb_kick:

diana

SW: 338.2

CW: 278.4

Made 10% Goal on 10/03/07

"Never let weakness convince you that you lack strength." - quote from a wall at LA Fitness

Hi all,

My first post on the site! Mine was trying to put my socks on and actually really struggling to do it... I felt ridiculous!

Really excited I found this site, I've been doing this on my own for the past 7 months so really good to find others with similar experiences and to get tips etc!

Liz

SW: 281 CW: 152 GW: 147

It's a journey....