Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mom2holly

Sloppy Joes

Guest mom2holly

Does anyone have any idea how many points a Sloppy Joe would be?? I use the 95% lean hamburger.

That would pretty much depend on how much you put on the bun, but according to the WW Food Companion they list a sloppy joe at 7 points. They also list 1/4 cup of store-bought sloppy joe sauce at 1 point.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Guest imported_Kelly_S

List your recipe and someone will help you out or

1) list the points per ingredient and total it up and divide by the number of servings you got

or

2) list the cal/fat/fiber for each ingredient; total them up and divide each by the number of servings you got and figure the points (best way to do it).

Guest mom2holly

I just planned to use a lb of the leanest hamburger and the store bought sauce...I guess I will just count one as 7 points. My daughter won't eat anything else in it, so that isn't a problem! Thanks.........

Guest judyo53

When I eat my sloppy joes (store bought mix, lowest fat hamburger) plus a 1 pt. bun, I think I counted them as 4 pts. each. But I don't remember exactly how much sloppy joe I had per bun. I measure everything by measuring cup or food scale & use my points calculator to figure it all out. Haven't had sloppy joes in a while.

Guest klerisa

Cant you just figure out how much it is per the nutrition guide on the can? Add on the hamburger and bun.

Where do you find the 1 point buns?

I have learned to eat to live and not live to eat.<br /><br />SW: 299.2<br />CW: 277.2<br />Down: 22 pounds :))<br /><br />Ya Ya name: Countess Spring Frog

Guest judyo53

The ones I buy are Jewel Lite buns, hamburger and hotdog.

Thanks.....I found Marietta Whole Wheat for 1 point. Made te sloppy Joes last week, they were great!

The hamburger I buy is 3 points for a 4 oz serving, I used McCormick seasoning pack with 0 points, tomato pste with 0 points and water. They were great!

I have learned to eat to live and not live to eat.<br /><br />SW: 299.2<br />CW: 277.2<br />Down: 22 pounds :))<br /><br />Ya Ya name: Countess Spring Frog