Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Lana123456

WOW chips

Im sure many of u already have discovered WOW chips I always new they were healthier but until today i didn't realize just hot low in points they are 1 point per serving, 12 points for a huge bag unbelievable

Started WW 1-19-04<br />SW 161.0<br />CW 142<br />GW 140<br />Pounds Left 2

YES! I agree, these are great! :D

I take 2 oz. everyday for lunch with my sandwich.

I an definatly hooked. Can't seen to find low point cookies though. The snackwells are 1 pt. per cookie. Animal crackers are 3 pts. for 16 (little) cookies.

Oh well...probably shouln't be eating cookies anyway. :(

~Sandi

5'7"

SW-203

CW-178

GW-145

Queen runs-with-the-bulls

~Sandi~ :salut

Try Nabisco cinnamon graham crackers

I have learned to eat to live and not live to eat.<br /><br />SW: 299.2<br />CW: 277.2<br />Down: 22 pounds :))<br /><br />Ya Ya name: Countess Spring Frog

Guest judyo53

Not much really bothers me but the Olestra in the Wow chips does not bode well in my body! So I can't eat them.

Sandi,

Have you tried the meringue cookies? They're becoming more popular & are in my regular grocery store now. Also, Trader Joe's has Cat's Cookies in vanilla & chocolate that are lower in points for a good amount (they're the size of animal crackers but are all cats).

Guest Jen815

The WOW tortilla chips are a great deal for the pts and really tasty too, but my hands and feet puff up like blow fish after eating them. I'm not sure if its the sodium, I think it was something like 430 mg sodium for a serving, or if the Olestra could cause that. Anyone else have that problem?

[ March 30, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Jen815 ]

Can't live without my WOW chips or my Fat Free pringles. Total life savers when I need that salty crunch. I do OK with both the Olestra and the sodium. thumbup.gif

Sincerely,

Cat

HW167 / WW140 / CW125

I wish I could eat those WOW's. I loved them until they caused severe intestional problems for me. I am also extremely salt sensitive (without any kind of swelling), so that was another problem with the WOW's.

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Guest crystallyn

I dunno...any food that has had a warning on it about anal leakage...plus, the manufacturers of foods containing Olestra are required by the FDA to supplement the foods with vitamins A,D, E and a few others because the fat substitute causes your body to actually lose some of those nutrients!!

I can't imagine that something that unnatural is good for your body over time.

[ March 31, 2004, 07:38 AM: Message edited by: crystallyn ]

Guest deborahdarling

Crystallyn- I'm with you! I suspect that a lot of our health issues come from eating overly processed foods. I find that I feel a lot better if I avoid stuff that has warning labels! If I want something salty I measure out an ounce of short pretzel sticks (you get a lot!) or 10 small olives or some saltines.

Debbie smile.gif

or try the TJ's Flaxseed and Soy chips--delicious, lowcarb, and full of protein--very very satisfying and no leakage--

Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda

Guest imported_Kelly_S

Do you realize that in blind studies that the leakage with WOW vs REGULAR the results were exactly the same on gastro problems? However I find that there are times I want potato chips (can't stand the baked ones) and a serving of this here and there IS NOT GOING TO KILL ME or anyone else. It is back to the basics PORTION CONTROL and MODERATION.

Guest raidermom

Having been away from WW for awhile to do SBD, and now BACK doing WW I have noticed something. While on SBD I still ate high fiber foods, but not WOW chips or FF Pringles. So one of the first things added back to my diet when I came back to WW was a serving of FF Pringles with my lunch lunch. Guess what came back that was totally missing...of which I blamed on my high fiber diet while previously on WW??? The gas.....and that is at ONE serving. Any more than one serving and we won't even talk about the end result. :(

Moderation IS key...but some people are definitely more sensitive than others in regards to Olean.

I have also switched to TJ's Flaxseed and Soy chips to satisfy that crunch.......they have no ill effect and are really quite good! thumbup.gif

Guest judyo53

I have to agree Cheryl. One serving of Olean was all I needed to not want any more. We're all different & no other food has bothered me before WOW chips.

I love the baked chips so I'm lucky there. However, my new "addiction" is definitely the TJ's Soy & Flaxseed Tortilla chips. Some of the treats I've eaten on my last round with WW still seemed "diet" to me. These don't at all.

Guest imported_Kelly_S

The point I was making was the fact that some people had the same 'gastro' effects from one serving of regular chips and some people had the same 'gastro' effects from one serving of WOW.

It is going to be an individual thing.

Guest judyo53

Kelly,

I understood what you were saying about the study. But for me, I used to eat a lot of regular potato chips with no reaction whatsoever. My first & last attempt with WOW (& not overeating them), was immediate.

Like I said, we're all different. I wish I could eat WOW chips & other Olean products. We each have to give these things a try & see how they affect us.

Another food item that affects me a little bit is Edy's Fat Free No Sugar Added ice cream. When I first start eating it I get gassy so have to be careful of where I'm going that day/evening. Seems like my body gets used to it if I've been eating it for a while (I just started buying it again since I'm recommitting).