Health Discovery Network
Guest Hearts&Flowers

What is wrong with me???

Guest Hearts&Flowers

I can't seem to stay OP. I followed the program Monday and Tuesday and was fine through lunch today. Arrived home at 2:30 pm and went through the kitchen like a steam roller. All that's left are the cookie and potato chip crumbs. I keep doing this to myself. Any advice on how to get and KEEP my motivation?

I am a life time member and have done this before. I just can't seem to get back on track.

Thanks for listening!

hi

try....journalling- really writing it or posting it as you eat it will make you stop- if you are already past your pts you would have to keep writing it down. I was over stress eating and I found starting to journal again- stopped me cold- write it as the day goes along. I use an online program- but whatever way- the journalling part is more important than ever at this point

good luck

316/163.6/150 the past when I joined here

currently- you don't want to know

:exercise2:headover: :crazy:

Guest gonnabehealthy

Personally, I don't think it has a lot to do with motivation. For me it's more about setting myself up to succeed. Now that you've disposed of the cookies and chips, don't bring anymore into the house. Take a snack with you to have on the way home, so you don't hit the door hungry. Plan dinner so you know before you leave work what the plan is. Be OP for the rest of today. Be OP tomorrow.

Make sure you have fresh fruits and vegetables available so that when you get home you go for healthy foods instead of "junk".... drink some water before you start eating so that you think before you eat....try making a "milkshake" with non-fat milk, some flavoring and ice cubes in a blender...helps get in your daily "dairy" and is filling...I don't know if this help but I wish you good luck...xoxo...cherie

Did you eat enough at lunch? You might need to have more protein to help tide you over during the midafternoon munchies. Are there any emotional or political issues at work that might be triggering you? Were you bored and this was your solution? When you hoovered the kitchen, were you really hankering for something in particular but were denying yourself?

There could be a variety of reasons for your actions. You need to dig deeper as to the why of it. If its not something as simple as needing more lunch, you need to identify the problem and make a plan of attack. Be prepared- have healthy snacks available. If saying no to bad food is a problem, don't have it available! If you have a problem with portions, get some of those 100 calories pack goodies. The act of taking a second bag might be enough to stop you (or, at least, slow you down). If you've been longing for something in particular, have it in moderation and be done with it.

Good luck!

Smoke free since 11/15/07

Guest Hearts&Flowers

Wow - what great advice! I have been journaling using Fitday.com. I agree about setting myself up to succeed. I am in much better shape emotionally today.

Thanks for all of your great suggestions and for being so kind. I'll keep you posted as to my progress. Again, thanks for listening.

Love you guys...

Sounds like me when I "fall off of the wagon" - the 3rd day is ALWAYS the worst for me - sounds like it's the same for you - I make it through breakfast & lunch of the 3rd day - then at dinner I TOTALLY blow it - and I'm like "i'll start over tomorrow" - So now that I know that - I MAKE myself get through the 3rd day - by ANY means possible - if that means eating my points and going to bed for the rest of the night with some Tylenol PM - that's what it takes - then I get up on day 4 and I'm SOOOO happy that I didn't give in....and I'm fine the rest of the time......JUST BEAT THAT 3rd (or whatever the day is for you) TOUGH day!!!

SW: 222

PGW/CW: 135-140

WWGW: 160 (5' 8")

Lifetime since: May '04

My Story with before & after PICTURES click here: http://graciepoints.livejournal.com/

*~Nothing will EVER taste as good as being thin feels!!!!!!~*

I have all sorts of junk food in my house because of my Dh. I eat as healthy as I can through out the day and work out to earn AP's. Having these allow me to have a cookie if I want it.

You need to find something that shows why you want to loose weight. Is it to wear a certain sized clothing? Then buy a cheap outfit in that size and hang it on the door to remind you. Are you doing it for your kids or loved ones? Then put a pic on the fridge.

I am the type of person that really needs to be inspired. I look at my DD and that helps. I had to actually join a meeting to get back on track because I am an emotional eater and I was going through hard times, knowing that I have to weigh in at the end of the week helps.

If you can get rid of the junk food than do it, if not find something that inspires you! :bcb_wink3

SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.:bcb_march

Guest Hearts&Flowers

I'm in the same boat Shannon -- I cannot get rid of the junk food. My skinny DH lives on coffee for breakfast, one light yogurt for lunch, a somewhat healthy dinner and then all the junk he can swallow before falling asleep in his chair.

Right now I'm trying to come up with the #1 reason I want to lose weight. I really think it comes down to feeling good about myself again. I have not felt "pretty" or even "not bad" in a long time. Getting rid of the pounds would really do the trick. But, a picture of the old me just depresses me and makes me want to run screaming for the ice cream. I'll work on this...I think it's a great suggestion.

Thanks for your help

I eat every 2 hours... 3 meals a day and snacks in-between with a yummy dessert to end the evening .

If I plan it out, make it interesting, then I have something to look forward to. It is just a matter of creating a new better habit to replace the old one. Stay the course. Everyday that you are successful will empower you more and make you feel better. I have been a lifetime member at goal for 5 years and a leader in Las Vegas for almost that same amount of time. You are worth all of the effort you put into you, remember that.

Lasvegasleader

I hope you can get back OP the next day. Don't beat yourself up because you can get what you want! We all can!

I am sending you lots of "thin wishes"!

Amy

Scrapgirl136:)

SW168.8 CW161.3 GW135.5

weight.png

Guest Hearts&Flowers

Thanks for the "thin wishes". I'm back OP and working on the 8 healthy guidelines. The guidelines are a recipe for success for me...

Thanks again!

Well you have some great suggestions.

Get your protein in early to help tide you over the morning slump.

6 small meals a day are often better for people who have constant cravings.

Hide the evidence - out of sight, out of mind. If you can't dump the junk food at least put it in a place you don't often see. I'm short so all the garbage I don't want to see when I open the cupboards is on the top shelf. :salut

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png