Health Discovery Network
spoiltmom

Fiber One Oat's N chocolate bars

I absolutely love these! They totally take care of my chocolate cravings and they are loaded with fiber. These are a must try. I also tried the Peanut Butter flavor-they are also very good but I'm a chocolate girl personally.

Amanda

ds 03/25/10

dd 10/12/06

ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

Finally tried these. They are wonderful. They go quickly in my house because my whole family likes them. Since there are 5 in a box and 5 of us, that means they are gone in one day!

Tabatha

SW- 182 6/30/2009

CW-

GW- 140

Mini Goal- 169

I tried these too and the chocolate are my favorite. The PB ones were okay but I'm a chocolate loving girl too.

Sheila

Start Wt. 235.0

Current Wt. 193

love them...fiber is excellent....i agree i can't seem to stop at just one..

problem is if you eat two at a time the points go from 2 points each two 5 points!!! that helps me to stay to just one a day....:bcb_bigsm

Havasubuddie

SW 124.4 /CW 118 / GW 115

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

FYI - the PB ones are 3 points each. I found the Chocolate & Oats ones at Sam's Club :bcb_up

They're great in the afternoon with a cup of coffee. It tides me over until after my workout!

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Heidi i did not realize the PB were 3 points....oh no, i have been counting as 2points..thanks for the heads up...I am afraid to get on the scale tomorrow...

Havasubuddie

SW 124.4 /CW 118 / GW 115

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

I LOVE the chocolate ones, although I don't buy them too often. I can't stop at one, and a few hours later, I need to be by myself - if you catch my drift. Oh wait, you don't want to catch my drift!! :bcb_grin

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

I LOVE the chocolate ones, although I don't buy them too often. I can't stop at one, and a few hours later, I need to be by myself - if you catch my drift. Oh wait, you don't want to catch my drift!! :bcb_grin

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything, Darlene! I would have spit it all over my keyboard!!

Hey - keeps things regular, right?

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Guest skinny_minnie

I love these, although they say that they contain "shalack"--not really sure what that is! Maybe that is why they look so shiney......

They are yummy though!

Guest aggiegirl92

I was in the grocery store with my handy dandy WW points calculator, saw these bars (w/o even seeing them listed here, and calculated the points. I was so excited to see they are 2 points. They are WAYYY better than the Quaker granola bars which I have found are a bit too sweet for me now.

I love this product review section!

I had one this afternoon for a snack. They are delicious but they make me toot. LOL Just a funny story, my DBF was always eating my WW's stuff and one day he was home alone and ate 2 of my Fiber One bars. Oh boy, he didn't know what hit him. Suffice it to say, he's never touched my stuff again... hehe

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

LOL! Toot toot! They're so yummy though... I really like the PB ones but I hate using the extra point!

RainyBabie :bcb_happy

weight.png

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo! :bcb_march

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

They are coming out with an Oats and Caramel...can't wait to try them.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

:jump_jack60 Pounds Gone Forever:jump_jack

Smoke Free 739 Days

I love the PB ones...I am not a big chocolate fan, but it looks like there isn't a ton of chocolate in the choc chip ones...may need to try for 1 less point. Also, I saw the caramel ones on the shelf but didn't look at NI to figure out points...may have to try those too in the future. Has anyone had a chance to try them?

Highest Pregnancy Weight: 240.0

WW Starting Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 174

Current Weight:

weight.png

I love these also. I can't stop at just one either they are way too good. Last week I was wondering what gave me gas and sure and behold someone said the Fiber One bars give them bad gas. Mystery solved!!!! I thought something crawled up my you know what and died!!!!!!!!

BW 214

SW 197

CW 200.4 on my way back down :bcb_march

GW 150

weight.png

Its not a diet it's a lifestyle........:workout::bike::water1:

Well, I bought the caramel ones today and tried them....they are ok...not wonderful. I will eat them since I have them but then probably not buy more. They are too sweet for me.

Highest Pregnancy Weight: 240.0

WW Starting Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 174

Current Weight:

weight.png

Love, love, love these! I have one at work every morning with my cup of tea.....I need that mid morning snack to get me through to lunch time since I eat breakfast so early. I get a box of 20 at Sam's club for $6.88. Not a bad price compared to the small box at a grocery store.

Lynda :jump_jack

SW: 247(11/01/10)

CW: 235.5

GW: 145

This bar is so satisfying my chocolate cravings.

I take 2 of them with me to work. Even if I have both it's still just 4 points and I rather have that than end up craving sweets and do something worse .

At costco they have the big pack 30 for 9.99 it's a great deal .

weight.png

Sw- 256.6 ( 7/12/10)

249.6 (7/26/10) :bcb_happy

251.5 * 8/6/10/

250.5 8/13/10

GW 190 ( for this year 2010 )

Final GW- ( 160 )

I bought these at BJ's and tried one today. They are really good. It actually took me a while to eat (chewy), which always gives me the illusion that I'm eating more than I am. I felt very satisfied after eating it.

Our goals are only a decision away. cw:122

Love these bars too! And the Caramel & Oats! Also, I am on 123 Success (from back in the day) and they are only 1 point if you happen to be following that program. I believe the PB ones come out to 2 points.

Re: the gas, I've been having one of these almost daily for over a month now and have noticed a decrease in the gas/bloating. I.e., I'm not afraid to be near other people after having one! I think it takes a while for your body to get used to the increase in fiber.

B.

weight.png

Are these located with the other breakfast granola bars? And, what is the ingredient listed for sweetener?

Tish

Onward and Downward

Yes, they are on the cereal aisle along with all the other granola bar types. The ingredients are alittle sketchy. For instance, the number one ingredient is not oats as one would expect from something called oats & chocolate with 9 grams of fiber per, but rather "chicory root extract". Here's some random information on that:

http://www.herbalextractsplus.com/chicory-root.cfm?gclid=COyP6Lm005ECFRGoGgodFy4zbg

I did notice somewhere that chicory root is not good for those who are pregnant or nursing.

There's also "shellac" ? in them. They do contain HFCS, sugar, honey, etc. I know some will not do HFCS.

Here is a link to General Mills, who makes the Fiber One line:

http://www.generalmills.com/corporate/brands/brand.aspx?catID=22291

Hope this helps.

B.

weight.png