Health Discovery Network
MoodyTripper

Progresso Light Soups

Has any buddy tried these new Progresso Light Soups? I read about them on HungryGirl, but my grocery does not seem to carry them yet? I was wondering about their flavor and salt content.

:salut MT

Introducing Progresso Light!

The world’s only soup with a zero POINTS® value per serving with the endorsement of Weight Watchers®.

Incredible Flavor That Doesn't Taste Light

How do we pack so much flavor into an incredibly satisfying serving that’s only a POINTS® value of zero? With Surprisingly hearty staples like pasta, beans, corn and rice. With wonderfully flavor-packed vegetables like tomatoes, carrots and peppers. If you didn't read the label, you'd never guess these were light soups. Each delicious serving has about 4 grams of fiber, a full serving of vegetables and only 60 calories. That's 50% fewer calories than in regular ready-to-serve soup.

Try all 5 flavors:

ItalianStyleVeg.jpgVegNoodle.jpghomeStyleVeg.jpgSavoryVegBarley.jpgSWveg.jpg

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I live in New Jersey and got mine at Shop Rite.They are delicious!There's 2 servings to a can so I imagine it would be a point or 2 if you want to eat a whole can.They were on sale for $1.29 a can....I was very excited!

:work_out:

I just found them at my Local Stop & Shop.

They were $2.50 for 2 servings per can. I picked up 2 today. I love soup even in summer but can stand getting the kitchen so hot in the summer.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I had the Italian Vegetable last night too. I thought it was quite flavourful.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Will have to look next time I go shopping - I just hope they are not filled with too much of a tomato taste - not fond of that. I do like the 98% fat free lentil soup they make.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

I will have to look for these. Thanks for the heads up. :bcb_bigsm

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

I got my Giant Eagle Flyer last night (MD) and they were listed as a Sale Item. Gotta go pick up one or two to try

60 lbs Gone! :bcb_grin (10/13/07)

SW 281.2 / CW 220.8 / Goal 159 (10/13/07)

Part II SW 277.2 / CW 267.2 / Goal 169 10lbs gone!

Guest Hearts&Flowers

I looked today and could not find these soups in the Detroit area. Also checked the web site for nutrionals, but only found calories per serving -- maybe I missed it? Could someone please post the sodium per serving? I'm going to end my search if the sodium is too high. Thanks buddies!!!

They are very high in sodium, 800+ mg per 1 cup serving. You often wonder why they couldn't work on that along with the calories.

Guest Hearts&Flowers

Thanks for the sodium info Sue.

I'm in Meijer every other day so I'll probably pick up a can and try it inspite of the high sodium. Thank you Casey4. I do wish they would find a way to make some of this low calorie stuff lower in salt. I've been treating myself to the 100 calorie packs of crackers and I'm losing weight (staying OP), but I can't get my wedding rings on and off!!