Health Discovery Network
tara_in_kc

Looking for low-point pizza recipe

I use the flat out light bread for my crust...salsa for my sauce...and top with either turkey pepperoni or morningstar crumbles with a little taco seasoning mixed in and then I load it up with bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, sliced tomatoes, mushrooms and whatever else I have in the refrigerator...then top it off with some Kraft FF shredded cheese....this comes to 4-5 points for the whole thing and it is so yummy and filling.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

:jump_jack60 Pounds Gone Forever:jump_jack

Smoke Free 739 Days

If you can find the "western bagel" alternative pita's - they make a good pizza base for 1 point. Otherwise I believe sarah lee makes a 2 pt pita.

Toast it slightly first, in the toaster oven or regular oven, then top with 1/4 cup of sauce (0 or 0.5 pts check your brand) 1/4 cup park skim mozz (2 pts) and throw it in the oven to melt.

I also like adding the Hormel Turkey pepperoni to it - makes it taste even more real! (17 slices for 2 points!)

N :bcb_salut

Nan-see :)

Friday is WI!

weight.png

Go to the recipe boards--I posted a great recipe for pizza crust and I have included some topping suggestions. You can make your own pizza (8-10 inch!!) for 5-7 pts.!!!!!

ginnyb

"The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"

This thread has my favorite pizza recipe and even my family loves it:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53405

You can play around with substitutions. I use a tube of the reduced fat cresent rolls for the crust and Boca crumbles instead of beef. I also use the 2% grated mozarella cheese. I also add a can of mushrooms. Just add up the total points for the dish, then divide by the number of servings. YUMMMMM!!!!

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.