Health Discovery Network
jkitt

17 pounds and not much change?

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to this board, but love the support I see here!

I have lost 17 pounds so far - yeah! (about 70 more to go) I've done well staying within my points and am exercising 5 days a week. I've been losing about 2 pounds a week. I'm somewhat confused though; I guess I thought I'd see a bigger difference in my body after that amount. My husband says he can tell, and I can definitely feel a difference in my clothes. Some of my pants are almost too loose now. However, I went shopping today, thinking I'd be able to go down a size in shorts, but the size down was too tight. Also, none of my daily aquaintances have mentioned anything about me looking different. I'm beginning to think my scale is lying to me! Anyone else experience this and when will I "really" see a difference?

Jennifer

Honestly, I've yet to "see" the difference in myself, and I've lost almost 50 lbs! :bcb_grin I still can't see it when I look in the mirror, although DS & my close friends tell me I'm crazy.

As far as others noticing, they probably have, but aren't sure if they should mention it or not. People started asking me if I'd lost weight around 25 lbs or so and when I said yes and seemed happy they'd noticed, they all said they had earlier, but weren't sure if they should say something or not.

With clothes, they're really hard to compare unless you're looking at exactly the same brand/styles. Sizes vary like crazy (at least for me they do). With pants, I pretty much waited until they fell off, then got new ones. Sometimes I have been able to go down 2 sizes that way!!

Pull out some old pictures and compare them. That's the only way I can see the difference in myself. If you haven't started doing so already, take pictures of yourself every 10-15 lbs or so. You'll really notice the difference that way!

Good luck!

~Kristie~

HW 284.4 ~ CW 283.0 ~ GW 155

:bcbkickbu restarted 8/18/10

OLD SIGNATURE (2007):

HW 253.4~CW 199.4~GW 155~~~Total lost: 54.0

ONEDERLAND reached 10/15/07

Jennfer, It will take people that see you on a daily basis longer to notice your weight loss. If you can tell a difference in the fitting of your clothes that is wonderful. I have been on WW since last fall and some people that see me daily have just started noticing in the last couple of months that I have lost 40 pounds. Don't get discourged because it will take time to get the weight off. Just keep plugging on and you will see the fruit of your labor. Hang in there.

Bunkaroo

I'm at almost 40 loss and not much change. I went and bought a pair of capri's today that were almost a little snug. The weired thing was it is the size that I wore 40lbs heavier and my other clothes in this size are big.

I think we get use to our new weight and can't really see it.

SW: 227.2 2-1-16...CW: 220.2 GW: 160.:bcb_march

When you have more to lose, it may take longer for a visible difference. It took about 30lbs for people to really notice that I was losing weight. Keep focusing on how you feel internally though...that breaking moment *will* come with every 1lb that you do drop!

Lele

Lifetime since July '06

SW: 193.4/ WWGW: 132 / CW: 120.2 1/4/10)

Weight loss is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but the results are beyond rewarding.

I would definitely not rely on my "clothes size" to make me feel successful.

17 lbs. is just great- 2 lbs. a week is right on target.

Clothes sizes differ - I have 2 pair of pants from the same store, same type and same size and when I got them home one size was too tight. I even measured them with each other and they are the same size - strange!

Just keep on doing what you are doing :strong:

Friends don't always comment for various reasons. I lost 55 lbs. and I had hardly any comments period!

You should notice some difference in how you feel, i.e. easier on your knees walking, easier breathing, starting to feel better.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

I have been doing core for about a year and a half.......and have lost 52 lbs. It was a slow loss so alot of people didn't notice...until now.

I get asked everyday at work now if I have lost weight. My friends started noticing at about the 25 lb mark.

kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Hi buddy,

It sounds like you are still working on your first 10%, and when you get there you may start noticing changes. Or it may take longer.

Do you have pictures of yourself when you started? Did you take your measurements? These can tell you where the weight is coming off. You see yourself every day, and your eyes are adjusting as you go.

Your friends may be hesitant to say something because unexplained weight loss can be a sign of illness. If you've been quiet about your WW efforts, then they may be worried that you're not losing weight "on purpose." And I know that I am generally quiet about it, because I don't want everyone to think they should now be my food police.

Also I'm with the others, shopping for clothes is not the most accurate measure. Styles and sizes vary so much. I once bought several pairs of slacks in the same style, same size, and different colors, and the fit was different!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I lost 50 pounds on WW a few years ago, I had lost 25 pounds before people really noticed and started saying things. When I said I had lost 25 pounds, they were shocked, as if I had lost it overnight. Pictures really help in seeing the difference.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

I did not get many comments until the 25-30 pound mark either. I think that sometimes people do notice, but they don't say anything because they don't want to embarrass you or make you uncomfortable.

Keep it up though, it sounds like you are making excellent progress!!!!!!!!!

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I feel a lot better. Thanks for the wonderful support, everyone!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

I lost 13 and can't see much of a difference myself. Some days I feel lighter. But I have more energy and that's important also.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Good advise from all.

I liked the comment about measuring yourself early in your weight loss journey and along the way. I didn't notice my pants size dropping until one day it just dawned on me how loose my old pants were.

I went from a size 44 inch waist to a current 38 inch waist, and can actually fit into 36 inch pants if they are "relaxed fit."

The picture idea is worth exploring and was one reason why I started my healthy living lifestyle. I had one photo that really showed how heavy I was.

Keep doing what you are doing - it will work with time.

MO Platoon Member #184

This is for life.... :bcb_march

SW - 237.8 (March 16, 2006)

10% goal - 214.8 (5/18/06)

Lifetime goal - 184.0

Lifetime goal: 11/30/06 @ 183.2 lbs

WW lifetime membership: Jan 11, 2007

Current WT: 179.2 (5/5/2012)