Health Discovery Network
Guest tinka

Morning Star Farms Corn Dogs

Guest tinka

These are veggie dogs, but don' t taste like veggie! They are 3 points (150 cal. 4g fat and 3g fiber) They take 20 minutes to cook in the oven. You can cook them in the microwave, but I am not sure they would be crisp like in the oven.

I dare you to serve them to your family and not tell them they are veggie:bcb_up

There are 4 in a box. I had one for lunch!

Tinka

I love these, however, I prefer the TJ's ones over these. They are both yummy and you are so right, you can not tell the difference! I have them about once a week or so for lunch....

PJ:exercise:

'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!

SW 315

High weight while pregnant 300

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Working on getting back down to thin!

Isn't it great when we can have healthy "junk" food?

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

I have had the Morning Star Farm Corn Dogs and love them. I'll have to look for the TJ's Corn Dogs next time I go. Thanks for the heads up on them!

:salut MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I LOVE these!!!! I like the coating a little crispy on the outside, so I heat them in the microwave first, then I put them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up. They are fantastic. :bcb_bigsm

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Ok, after reading this I had to go to Trader Joe's at lunchtime (I have a TJ's 5 minutes drive from my office :bcb_grin ) and buy the veggie corn dogs. I can't wait to try them.

I also saw in the bin next to them chili lime chicken patties (like burgers) and they look to be 2 pts each - anyone ever tried them?

60 lbs Gone! :bcb_grin (10/13/07)

SW 281.2 / CW 220.8 / Goal 159 (10/13/07)

Part II SW 277.2 / CW 267.2 / Goal 169 10lbs gone!

I absolutely love these. I have fed them to people before and they never knew they were veggie.

SW 245

CW 185

Goal 135

:jump_jack60 Pounds Gone Forever:jump_jack

Smoke Free 739 Days

Terribird

I did buy the chili lime chicken patties that you mentioned but have not tried them yet. I will post when I do.

Anyone else have them?

I LOVE LOVE them,at work we have a few vegetarians and when they make those Im like a kid with candy. Brings back memories of when I go to the fair.:bcb_bigsm

t-253459449.jpgBut So Worth It!

Visit my site for motivation and friends that use W.W. to be the Biggest Loser!

http://fitsisters.spaces.live.com

s.w.=260lbs

rejoined W.W. 6/26/07 190.5 lb

c.w.=185 lbs

g.w.=130 lbs

TJ's are a high 3 pts compared to a Morningstar lower 3 pts. I thought the TJ's was a much better 'dog'. and you really should do them in the toaster oven, the 'dog' will wrinkle and shrivel in the microwave.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

I LOVE these!!!! I like the coating a little crispy on the outside, so I heat them in the microwave first, then I put them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up. They are fantastic. :bcb_bigsm
I like them crispy too and your suggestion is a great one. I'm going to try making one that way this weekend. Thanks again for the tip.

The Chile Lime Chicken Burgers from Trader Joe's are great! They are 2 points I put them on a Western bagel and I was stuffed; you don't have to season them when you cook them it is already done for you.

Lasvegasleader

Joe's has some great stuff. I will have to try their CornDogs...been a while since I had a corn dog.

I agree, crunch sounds good, toaster offen it is :)

SW 290 8-28-2007

CW 290

GW 213.0 (-77)

WI - Friday

Total Lost: O :D

MiniGoal#1 - Lose 10%/29 lbs by 2-28-2008 (261)

MiniGoal#2 - 2nd 10%/26 lbs by 8-28-2008 (235)

Tinka...these are a favorite of mine....they're great with a 1 or 2 point soup for lunch!

"I am pieces of all the places I have been,
and the people I have loved......"

– Brooke Hampton

Guest Rosiejo

I Have Trader Joe's and Costco envy:bcb_blush All we have is Sam's