Health Discovery Network
Fuzled

Which Cookbook would U suggest?

I am going through the recipes here and copying them. However, I would really like to invest in a cookbook to help me stay on program. (I'm currently doing Flex)

There is one issue with that tho, I am a very picky eater and don't want a cookbook that will collect dust.

Here are some of my oddities:

1. I hate cooking/mainly because I have very limited time

2. I am not a big veggie eater. Frankly, pre WW I ate Corn, Potato's, Lettuce, and carrots.

3. Because of the Veggie issue, I many dishes considered "ethnic" are out.

4. I'm single and cooking for 1. I find it frustrating to buy food and cook food for one.. which is why I have traditionally used pre-packaged or fast food (no more of that !)

That said.. Does anyone have a recipe Book they would suggest? I'm up for making big dishes and freezing the servings.. But I just dont want to get a book that will never be used.

Thanks for your suggestions..

I don't have a recipe book for you...but if you can eat carrots and lettuce you might want to try the zero point soup...it is a live saver to me and my dh loves it.....in the summer I leave out the tomato paste for a more clear and clean soup...it does have veggies in it that I would have never tried but all together it is yummy and a great way to get yourself to try new veggies...

I eat a huge bowl with ff saltines for only 1 point.....you can find the recipe in your book #1 that you get at your meetings...if not pm me and I will get it for you....Good luck on your journey.....I also love to make mini pizza's I have attached the recipe for you...

Mini Pizza’s

Get 100 calorie English muffins...1 point for full muffin…

Add tomato sauce 0 points

Season to taste (Italian seasoning & ground red peppers)

Turkey pepperoni-you can have 17 slices for 2 points….that’s a lot of pepperoni.

FF mozzarella cheese- ¼ cup equals 1 point

you can all the veggies you want for free….bellpepper,onions,mushrooms………Yummy

cut muffin in half

toast before adding tom sauce for a crispier pizza (I put in my broiler on cookie sheet)

add tom sauce, ff moz cheese

Havasubuddie

SW 124.4 /CW 118 / GW 115

LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

Does your local library have a cookbook section? You might be able to check out some of the books there. My current favorite is WW Take Out Tonight. Has "ethnic" recipes, but lots without a ton of veggies - and really, really good ones, I think.

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

How about "Eating Well Serves Two".

It's on Amazon.com

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I love Joanna Lund cookbooks. I think I have six of them. They are easy recipies and she puts a snowflake next to every recipe that can be frozen. My favorite one is "Healthy Cooking with a Man in Mind".

Great Idea, CalGal. I don't know why that didnt occur to me!

I'm going to go to the library and see if they have some of the Books, ya'll suggested.. Thanks everyone!

I would recommend the cook books by Aimies Adventures. They are WW pointed and user friendly. Plus you can go on line and look at the recipes that are contained in each cookbook to determine if it is something that you might want to invest your money in.

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

You might want to check out Hungry Girl's website. She has a great cookbook out and the recipes are really easy and she has lots of recipes for one. www.hungrygirl.com She has the WW points listed on her website. Just clinck on the recipe book link.

Stay on target! Stay on target! (Star Wars)

I love to cook and love to try new cuisines from different countries. I have found so many recipes online I no longer buy cookbooks. I have plenty of cookbooks and I would say I have only tried a small portion of any of them. My sons will give me a "significant" cookbook for Xmas from time to time; vegetarian and Cincinnati Junior league book "I'll Cook When Pigs Fly" from Veggie Boy . I tweek them for WW and post here any winners. I can't think of a cookbook that has standard American fare and has majority of recipes low in points.

I do have 2 cookbooks that Better Homes and Garden sent me as a gift for assitance I had given them on their food discussion link. One is "comforts of Home Cooking" from Midwest Living. It does give all the nutritional info and you would be able to reduce fat and sugar. The second one is "America's Hometown Favorites: The Best in Community Cooking from Coast to Coast." Those recipes are packed with calories.

I spend a lot of time looking for recipes on Cooking Light.com. There are marvelous cooks and I have tried innumerable recipes there. Some of them tend to be "Cooking lighter" rather than "light" but not hard to convert.

If you are limited in time to preapre meals look for a WW timesaving cookbooks. Here are ones I found online: Weight Watchers Make It in Minutes : Easy Recipes in 15, 20, and 30 Minutes and Cook It Quick! : Speedy Recipes with Low POINTS Value in 30 Minutes or Less. I looked online for a WW crockpot book but couldn't find one. You might want to go to Amazon.com and buy a used one online to see. I have found anything listed as "almost new" is new and cheaper.

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

Going to the library is an awesome idea. I think I'll use that.

SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150

Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Guest mariposa82

I am also very picky and don't like to cook things with a million ingredients that cost a lot of money. I have bought TONS of cookbooks but my very favorite so far is the Hungry Girl cookbook. Her site has a lot of great recipes but the cookbook is awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Hungry-Girl-Survival-Strategies-Guilt-Free/dp/0312377428/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232418586&sr=8-1

I think she has another one coming out too. I can't wait!!!

There's a small book (I think it's included) with the WW Momentum materials called "Quick Fixes" (or something like that). I think you would love it~ :salut:bcb_smile

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile