Health Discovery Network
Guest kellirh

21 year old newbie from Texas!

Guest kellirh

Hey everyone! I'm starting Weight Watchers tomorrow, and this site has already been extremely helpful! I am 5'3" and I weigh anywhere between 175-180 pounds, depending on the time of day. Haha! I have heard a lot of good things about Weight Watchers, and I'm getting desperate for help, so I figured I would try it out! I'm wanting to lose about 50 pounds. It sounds like a far goal, but after reading all of your stories, I believe I can get there!!! I would love to meet others, especially from Texas, but even if you aren't, that's fine, too!!! :bcb_smile I'm ready to feel better and look better!!! Clothes shopping is supposed to make you happy, not cry!!!

:welcome: to ww and bcb kellirh! hope your first week on the program goes well. don't let the 50 pounds overwhelm you. take it one day and one pound at a time. that is something that i have to remind myself of everyday... sometimes when i focus on the big picture it's discouraging because it feels like a lot but taking it a little at a time really helps make things easier and when they are easier i tend to stay right on track and succeed. i look forward to all future posts made by you! :salut

diana

SW: 338.2

CW: 278.4

Made 10% Goal on 10/03/07

"Never let weakness convince you that you lack strength." - quote from a wall at LA Fitness

Welcome to BCB, kellirh. :wave: We have a lot of buddies from Texas. :bcb_up Find a home board or two (either by age, buddy system, or buddy groups) and post often for support. :salut

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

You've come to a great site for support, kellirh.

Don't look at the 50 pounds...it's too overwhelming. I had 66 to lose and made my goals in 5 lb increments. It makes the journey more encouraging. :salut

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

Welcome kellirh, 50# seems like a lot but its definitely do able. If you seem overwhellemed just look at it as looking 1 pound 50 times. Thats definitely finally doable. When you get on plan and stay op you will be amazed how fast the pounds come off. The key is consistency and being honest with your self. IF you work the plan it works. Also check out the Show off forum that has always been my favorite motivation is seeing before and after pics. When you see visual proof of others and you see folks loose 150# your 50 doesn't seem so bad.

Anyway I congratulate you on making the decision to be healthy.

blake

MO Platoon Member #711

SW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 | GW -179.0 ##/##/## | LT - 10/06/07| CW - 237.4 - 12/14/10 - +0.0# | Current Loss - 0.0#

Welcome to Weight Watchers and BCB kelli!!!! I am happy for you in making that step towards changing not just you physical image but as well as the mental. that is what this program does for you. Like blake said you should look at as 1 pound 50 times. there are going to be some weigh ins that you may be disappointed but the following week its like WOOWWWWW!!! Anyway good luck on your journey.

PHYLICIA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinkles_2000

Weight Status: SW 160.4/CW 158/ GW 125

blk-blk-weight.png

hey I'm 23 and from Texas too. I'm signing up today with WW and going to my first meeting! I'm super nervous! I'm wanting to lose around 50 lbs as well...good luck to you!

Kerensa

recommited: 7/15/2008

SW: 197.6

CW: 189.4

??? Due to Hurricane Ike

Total Loss - 8.2

WELCOME!!

This is the place to help keep you focused! I started with over 147 pounds to lose! Now I have 42!! I know you can reach your goal. I too take it in 5 pound incriments! It helps keep it managable!

Find you a forum to visit often! It helps!

Lesa

HW: 297/ RESTART: 207.8/ CW: 205.6 / WWG: 146

10/18/2011: RESTART

:bcb_mad:*RNT is not an excuse.....it is a challenge!

LTtransformation.jpg

Welcome! I'm new too! Started last Monday, after clothes shopping on Sunday. What a motivator that was!!!!! UGH! Everything I loved, didn't fit! WW Here I Come! 2 days down.....a lifetime to go. :water1:Good Luck to You!