Health Discovery Network
Guest starbrite

how much is submarine bread?

Guest starbrite

confused..

i normally make myself a wheat veggie sub. 12 inch. with veggies, fat free cheese ( 1 point), and less then a table spoon of dressings.

i know subway counts their 6 inch veggie delite sub as 6 points. though they add on alot of sauce and cheese.

therefore is my tub less then 12 points... according to subways calculations??

i dont know what type of bread i buy. it has no nutritional value on it, its from a bakery. but its wheat, not whole wheat tho. like its light brown /yellow still.

please let me know, as i assume its 12 points, but wil lbe very upset if it turns out to be more!

Can you get the NI from the bakery? The only way you will know is to find out about that sub bun.

Karen

Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Subway's Italian bread (alone) is 4 pt. for 6" and would be 8 pt. for 12." You can go to subway.com and look up the various ingredients for their sandwiches, including just the breads.

Bread in general runs around 2 pt. per oz. by weight so you could ask your bakery how much the bread weighs (or weigh it yourself) and use that. My guess is its 3-4 oz. so would be 6-8 Points.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Guest TryingWW

Subway does NOT count the sauces/garnishes/cheese as part of the point calculation or NI. You need to figure in each sauce and addition separately...and they do add up quickly. The 6 points is for the basic, stripped down sandwich.