Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest klerisa

Personal Trainers

Guest klerisa

How much do they cost? I'm assuming they are in addition to your regular gym fees.

TIA!

Guest klerisa

No one knows? I thought some of you used them.

At the three gyms I have been to I didn't pay anything. I think you can actually hire one to work out with you every time, but I don't really think that is necessary. When I get tired of my workout program I just tell them and they suggest a new one and show me how to do it. Also there are computerized trainers at the gym I go to now...you enter your info and it tells you how many sets, etc, to do. It is included with my membership, apparently.

If you are really intersted in maximizing your strength gains and nutrition plans, etc, there is a lot of free info available on the web.

The fist time you join a gym they should give you a session for free.

But to answer your original question....one of my friends is a trainer and she charges 30-50 an hour BUT there are different degrees/levels of certification for trainers and I think the more certified ones cost most. She doesn't have an actually degree or anything, she is just certified.

[ March 12, 2004, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: JennyTN ]

Jenny<br /><br />Memorial Day Bikini Challenge!<br />Goal: 120 Weeks: 13<br />Start: 134<br />Current: 130.5

Hi Klerisa - I work at a University and we have a recreation center that is open to faculty and staff in addition to an employee wellness program. Through our wellness program we can hire a personal trainer, most of them are students, but they are all ACE certified. The going rate is $22 per hour in addition to the Wellness program fee.

I purchased a package program for $75 where I get an initial fitness consultation, they do test body fat, BMI, flexibility, and a treadmill test. That will give me a baseline. Then I get two 1 hour training sessions with the trainer where he instructs me on my program. Then after 6 - 8 weeks I can go back in and get another round of tests to see how I've progressed.

My first meeting is next week.

Denise

Guest klerisa

Oooh how exciting, good luck Denise!

Thanks everyone, I was just curious.

My friend and I purchased a "buddy" program. We paid 120$ for three sessions plus a consultation to analyze our goals and our current eating habits. She set up a weight training program for us and then asked us to check back in with her after a month on the program. I think a personal trainer is great if you need your workout tweaked a little bit or if you need to be accountable to someone else.

Recommit - Jan 2008

Highest weight - 170

170/142(ww)/137(pg)

Related to the last point, I am interested in attending to see a nutritionist/fitness expert - while WW provides guidence I'd like a little more tailored program.

Has anyone been to see a nutritionist?

K.

"Falling down is not failure - failure is not getting back up again."

weight.png

I'm a personal trainer, but I train through the YMCA...which charges $40 a session (1 hour). But it's different at each gym......I'm also studying to be a dietitian (nutritionist).....if you need help, let me know...i'd be happy to help!! (i have a BS in nutrition and I'm studying for my master's right now)

Andrea

Recommitted:6/17/04

173.8/168/164

WW Goal: 164 (4 lbs to go!)

10% Goal: 156.8 (9.8 lbs to go)

PG: 150 (18 lbs to go)

The new trainer at our gym wants $60 an hour! :eek: I had 2 free sessions with him and decided he wasn't worth that. Just because he was a former Mr. Northern Germany doesn't mean he can help me -- I don't want to bulk up.

At my old gym I bought a package deal, which came out to about $20 a session (45-60 min). That was well worth it. And that trainer was much better than the high priced dude!

Marsha

Guest raidermom

The personal trainer's cost at my gym are included in the membership fee. No per hour, no time limit.....and there are always plenty of them there to assist you. I even turn them DOWN they are on you so much! LOL

Hi there,

Hubby and I found a personal trainer, who specialized in athletes last year and paid the hefty price tag that went along with it. It was worth every single penny spent, but we are now broke, lol. We paid 75/hr which included the both of us. This trainer worked out of a private gym and used a different approach. It was great.

In the fall, I buddied up with two other girls and we split the fee between the three of us.

Jen<br />Life Timer trying to get back down to goal...:(