Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Andrea Kay

What do you guys think?

Should you WI before or after a cardio workout?

The reason I'm asking is that I have two times I can WI....before or after my step class on saturdays.....you would think that you would weigh less after working out b/c you have been sweating....but at the same time, you could argue that you would weigh a little more b/c you've been working out and your muscles are warm, therefore they are retaining a little water from the lactic acid...what do you guys think? Thanks!!

Andrea

Recommitted:6/17/04

173.8/168/164

WW Goal: 164 (4 lbs to go!)

10% Goal: 156.8 (9.8 lbs to go)

PG: 150 (18 lbs to go)

Hi Andrea,

I don't think it really matters that much whether you weigh-in before or after cardio, but you should be consistant -- pick before or after and stick with it.

I would probably go for the one before the step class -- your body is in its "natural" state, with no outside influences affecting your weight (does that make any sense?? :confused: )

Good luck!

Teresa

[ March 19, 2004, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: treesaw ]

Started WW 07/08/02

239.5/151.5/155

GOAL!!!! March 1, 2004 LIFETIME!!! April 19, 2004

My photos

I agree with Theresa.

~ Kellie

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

I agree with Theresa also.

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Guest princessm

Andrea Kay,

I really think it depends on several things. Is your step class done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or do you eat prior to going to your step class? If you feed your body with food or drinks prior to your class and then go WI I would think you'd weigh more than if you went to WI prior to eating on an empty stomach. Even if you went to step class on an empty stomach and then weighed in I think your weight would not be affected.

It doesn't really matter either way as long as you are consistant. If you choose to WI prior to class, make sure you always do. If you eat prior to class and WI prior to class make sure you always do that as well. Either way, as long as you are consistant and stick to the plan your weight loss progress will show.