Health Discovery Network
sarajane82

how do i save spaghetti sauce?

ok this doesnt have much to do with points, but it does have to do with FOOD!!

i am single, and it seems you can only buy spaghetti sauce in those pretty big jars at the supermarket. i can NEVER use it all before it goes out of date, and i just hate wasting it. it's like, once i open it i have to eat ravioli or spaghetti everyday for the next week just to make use of it. is there a way to save it? can i freeze it or something?? thanks!

(ME) SW: 158.2; CW: 158.2; Goal: 140

(DH) SW: 248.4; CW: 248.4; Goal: 220

It should freeze just fine.

You can portion it out in small containers and freeze it, then thaw just the portion you need.

I freeze my homemade spaghetti sauce all the time.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Thanks for posting this Sara, and thanks for your response, Nancy! I'm in the same boat and I always end up throwing it away.

:salut

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

I portion my homemade sauce out into freezer bags and throw them in the freezer. They keep well. I would portion 1 serving each into sandwich ziplocks and then put all of them into a big freezer bag.

xoxoxoxo

Sal:salut

~~IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN~~

WE HAVE MORE POWER WITHIN US, THAN ANYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS OVER US!

Highest weight:202(1993)

Start weight #1:193.4(1996)

Start weight #2:169.6(2/00)

Goal:1/18/03(136 lbs)

Lifetime:3/1/03

CW:162.6

PG:128

I have not tried this but i have heard that some people put it into ice trays and freeze and then bag them. You can use this for soups and stuff. It sounds neat but I never have any left.

Jina

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as long as we are here we might as well dance! - Andy Rooney

weight.png

I have not tried this but i have heard that some people put it into ice trays and freeze and then bag them. You can use this for soups and stuff. It sounds neat but I never have any left.

I was going to suggest this. If you freeze them in trays and then pop out into a freezer bag, it's cleaner/neater. Then, if you need oz. in a recipe or such, sauce cubes are 1 oz. each.

Mama to 4 kiddos!