Health Discovery Network
Greta C

Another version of Pumpkin Pie 2 pts

Here is another recipe for pumpkin pie, which you can make into a pie or put into 5 ramekins. It is definitely worth the 2 pts. If you make it into a pie, it slices just like pie and holds together. I have been making this for several years now. DH is diabetic and can't have the crust or a lot of sugar.

1- 15 oz can pumpkin

2/3 cup egg subsitute

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup splenda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp ginger

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp cloves

1- 12 oz can low fat or fat free evaporated milk

FF Cool Whip Optional

Mix all together and pour into 5 ramekins. Put the ramekins into a 13x9" pan and pour boiling water in the pan, almost 1/2 way to the middle of the ramekin and put into the oven. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. If you put into a pie pan, you do not need to use the water. It comes out fine without doing that.

I tried to make this using all Splenda but DH did not like it and I didn't care for it either, and it didn't have the consistency of good old fashion pumpkin pie. Before WW's I use to use 3 whole eggs, but that adds up too much in pts, and the egg beaters don't change anything and it still comes out just as good. I also found out by putting the ramekins in the oven wthout the water, they get kind of dry and hard on the sides. By using the water this steams the pudding and keeps it moist.

Cal 141; fat 1 grm; carbs 25 grms; fiber 3 grms; pro 9 grms

Di :wave:

Guest 20MoreToGo

YUMMY....I love Pumpkin Pie! This is definitely a recipe that I am going to try. Ok,I have a dumb question....what is a ramekin?

Tammy

Tammy, you would have to ask this. :bcb_grin A ramekin, if the spelling is right, is a little round individual baking dish. It usually holds like a cup. You will usually find them where you find Corning Ware baking dishes or Pyrex custard cups, at least that is where I found mine at.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. This is my comfort food for this time of year. :bcb_bigsm

Di :wave:

I'm printing this.....

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I am gonna try this as well. I made the crustless pumpkin pie and I did not like it at all. It had a funny taste.

Nadine

BW 214

SW 197

CW 200.4 on my way back down :bcb_march

GW 150

weight.png

Its not a diet it's a lifestyle........:workout::bike::water1: