Health Discovery Network
elaine3797

nutri system food

Has anyone ever tried any if the nutri system food? and what did you think of it?

Elaine

Starting Weight for New Year!!- 244

10% Goal - 24

Total Loss- 8.8 pounds

Total Goal - 130

Way too expensive and not worth the money. Have tried a few in the past, but have found it much easier and better tasting food to make your own to maintain OP.

jo

weight.png

I bought a week's worth of Nutri System just to try something different. The most awful stuff I have ever eaten in my life. All the meals were in a ton of sauce of some sort and very little food in it. Would never recommend it - ever.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

thanks for the response-i think i will pass on it!

Elaine

Starting Weight for New Year!!- 244

10% Goal - 24

Total Loss- 8.8 pounds

Total Goal - 130

Yeah!! It's the worst tasting stuff around. I tried several meals my friend gave me. I would never buy it!!

Starting over: 06/12/07

Goal Wt: 180

How I feel is within my control!!!

weight.png

[/url]

Thanks for the heads up. I have thought about trying it but the price has kept me away, thank goodness.

~*~Kambi~*~

SW 240 (3/16/11)

CW 237.5 (3/18/11)

I think I can, I think I can

:bcb_march

My mother had shoulder surgery on her right arm that she knew would have a long recovery time and make a lot of basic chores (like cooking) very hard. So she ordered a couple months of nutrisystem meals. She's not a picky eater at all, and she figured if she lost weight on top of having dinners taken care of, all the better! She didn't last a week, it was that completely disgusting. Think canned cat food. Spam. Spaghetti-Os. Everything is shelf-stable, which basically means pretty darn disgusting since nothing is remotely fresh.

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

Plus, in addition to the food you have delivered, you have to spend more money and buy fresh fruit and veggies to eat with the meals...The amount of money that it would cost turnedme off from the start

SW:262.6 HW:263 CW:213.8 Total weight lossed so far 48.8

This isn't the first time I have heard really bad things about Nutri-system.

Making my own low point meals is so much easier and much tastier!

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

My grandma is a very "optimistic" person and she HATED it. She said they were all disgusting and she ended up throwing them all out!!!

Angela

A co-worker of mine who only had about 10 lbs to lose bought a month's worth for herself and her husband. She said the meals were awful and that they both lost the weight because they could hardly eat them.

Edited to add an update: I just talked to my brother who has been doing Nutrasystem since Feb and lost 30 lbs and he said the food was good. His wife does it too for moral support for him (she has already lost all of her weight). I guess it just depends on your taste in food.

Janice

Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.