Health Discovery Network
chefbna

Does anybody do the Wendie plan?

I need help from someone who has done this. I know you are supposed to vary your points by dividing up your flexies to make low, med, high, and really high point days, but I am not sure how I should go about it. I have read the articles but i guess what I am looking for is hearing from someone who has done it or knows somebody who knows how to do it. I get 18 points per day. How many extra points should I have and on what days should I have them?????

help!

chef

Seems like CW, one of our BCB moderators, had a plan that was a bit like Wendie's...only it made much better sense to me.

Maybe you could private message him (as I do CORE and can't remember any of the details)... :bcb_smile :salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

The "CW plan" calls for using 10 WPA on days 2, 4, and 6, and 0 WPA on days 1, 3, 5, 7, leaving 5 to spread out however you want.

The "Wendie plan" is much more complicated but it too calls for spreading out the 35 Points in the WPA in different amounts, from 0 through 15 in one day. If you google "wendie plan" you'll probably find what you want and then some.

The main idea either way is you don't eat the same amount every day.

I've never used either plan. I don't like the idea of taking the "flexible" part of the WW program and making it "inflexible." But if you are looking for ways to start using these Points, one of these will get you started!

Thinking about it, since we're talking about using the Points in the WPA, you could do it with Flex or Core.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

THANKS! I will try and hunt down CW... or maybe he will see this. It seems to make more sense and easier to keep track of what you are doing on what day. I am just getting bored, gaining and losing the same three lbs. I need a boost!

Hi All!

Just got in from work... I took from Wendy's plan what I thought were pretty good ideas. She worked to hard to discover a way to smooth out plateaues. She discovered that she had some of her best losses in weeks where she ate more. And even better when she ate all her points and varied the point totals often.

The Wendy Plan is based on the WW plan from about 7 years ago. So I thought an update was in order. And, being a guy I wanted to make it easier :bcb_bigsm to remember point totals. Here is a repost of what I wrote about it last year....

Being stuck is tough. You know you are doing the right things but there is no reward for you hard work.

Many time I see our friends here facing this issue that they are simply not eating enough. Maybe you are. But it is so common I have to ask.

The same thing happens because of exercise. So many are afraid of the AP's that they neglect to feed their bodies properly.

Sometimes its just our bodies getting used to the new reality. This is when the wendie plan can help. I like the theory behind this plateau buster. It makes us change up our routine and gets our metabolism fired up.

It is an old plan, however. So, I updated it and simplified it for my class members.

I asked them to eat at Target (plus AP's) on day one.

Then target plus 10 WPA's (and AP's earned) on day two. Alternate that way for 7 days and a person will have used 30 WPA's (leaving 5 to spare) for that week.

It's simple and easy to track.

If you try it let me know how it worked

I would love to hear from anyone that has tried it and hear what you feel about it.

I hope it helps

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

I don't like the idea of taking the "flexible" part of the WW program and making it "inflexible."
That is a very interesting point. I quite agree.

I see these plans as a short term tool to do two things...bust a plateau and as a way to convince people to use most or all of their WPA's. If we can get over that fear of eating to lose then the magic of FLEX can realy shine.

I'd also never thought of it for Core but I see no reason not to try it.

I love the bright minds here:salut

CW

Thanks so much CW. I have learned alot from your posts since joining bbb and appreciate your help. Will try the CW plan for a couple of weeks and report back.

OK I got curious so I checked a couple sites. One was based on the original 1-2-3 Points plan and another the later Winning Points plan (smaller ranges)

Translated to Target + AP + WPA, it seems to work out roughly thus:

Day 1 -- 0 WPA

Day 2 -- 5

Day 3 -- 1

Day 4 -- 15

Day 5 -- 0

Day 6 -- 4

Day 7 -- 2

Total 27 WPA (you have 8 left to spread out as you wish)

I would recommend you eat your Target + AP before adding these. So if it's day 2, your Target is 18, and you earn 3 APs, you eat 26 Points.

And like CW, I agree that you should just use these plans to learn to use your WPA or to try something different. It's part of learning to use the whole WW program.

After a couple weeks you should use them as you like, to manage variations in your hunger or special challenges.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

Yes, I do the Wendies Plan. In my opinion it is wonderful! I succeed on this plan and it is not a struggle at all. I have lost 18 lbs so far and plan to lose the rest on the Wendies Plan. I have my high point days on Saturday because it allows me to go out to dinner or have something extra special in my menu. My weekends have always been my weakness and when I usually messed up. I follow the orginal plan and I feel it is very flexible for my lifestyle. I am just now beginning to exercise this weekend. I will be walking as my exercise and then add the stationary bike. I like Wendies because I am not looking for a easy fix or tricks-I am thinking ahead to my life after my weight loss and how I will eat and this Wendies Plan blends in nicely. Just my humble opinion:)

Just a tiny voice in this. I have have lost a significant amount of wt, (as noted on signature line)..........2 months ago everything came to screeching halt on the loss.............nothin zippo, not a budge..........and I was consistantly eating my alotted points daily............well to be honest a bit low...19-20 pts a day............

So I found CW's thread................read it through....liked the simple way it was broken down and tried it...........Wendies Plan "updated"

Amazing more food, points staggered in amounts everyother day.....and poof, started losing.

Actually it is takes a bit or work to eat the high point days, because you do get stuck in a rut as to what you have been eating. But it does keep the body not get into the "rut" of the daily set points.

try it and see how ya like it.

As for core, It could also work well I would imagine.

jo

jo

weight.png

Guest NurseAudrey

DH and I do the Wendie plan and love it. My problem was that even though I had the 35 flex pts per week, I would often feel like I was "cheating" by eating flex pts (using the traditional flex-plan system.) In addition, I would pressure myself not to use any flex pts so that I would drop weight faster. With the Wendie plan I have higher weight losses per week, and I don't feel like I'm cheating at all because the flex points are built into the daily allotment. I also use my super high day on Saturdays for things like date night, family get-togethers, etc. Even when I get to the maintenence phase I plan on sticking with the Wendie plan!

I actually don't see how this would work as well with Core. Maybe I'm not getting something, but if you're trying to 1) meet your 8 Good Health Guidelines AND 2) stay within your Comfort Zone, I don't see how eating an arbitrarily set number of WAPs (low and high) on specific days fits in. :bcb_confu :bcb_smile

In fact, some people choose to eat all-Core foods and not eat non-Core foods.

Like I said, maybe I'm missing something.

Guest TryingWW

WWCarol,

Think of it like this: you could eat 3 cups of sweetned applesauce and be within your comfort level OR you could eat one slice of apple pie and still be within your comfort level. You are still within your comfort level for both. The apple pie would clearly not be Core and you would need to use many (many, many!!!) more of your points. So instead of eating applesauce for 2 days you get one day of apple pie!

I understand it in theory...I don't see how it would work in real life. :bcb_smile

Unless you ate the WAPs in the beginning of the day, but then you might not be hungry enough to eat your 8 Good Health Guidelines...

Like I said, you're juggling: satisfaction/8 Good Health Guidelines/and an arbitrarily set number of WAPs.

I just don't think that's a "good fit" with Core. :salut :bcb_smile

Personal opinion. :bcb_smile :bcb_wink3

This was the (paraprased) explanation that Wendie gave in an article in Women's Weekly about 5 years ago .

There are 4 actions that will elevate ones metabolism.

1. Getting enough sleep
  2. Getting enough water
  3. Getting enough exercise
  4. Getting enough food

Food is the one we are working with. In theory we can stoke the furnace with food and then while the fire is burning hotter we reduce the fuel input causing (hopefully) the body to consume stored fat as the fuel.

I prefer to eat WPA's more frequently but if a person needs a plateau buster this plan has some success.

I assume that this would work with core in the same way. But, it may need a colorie count to be more accurate and that would take away one of the things I like about core... not counting.

CW

I understand it in theory...I don't see how it would work in real life. :bcb_smile

Unless you ate the WAPs in the beginning of the day, but then you might not be hungry enough to eat your 8 Good Health Guidelines...

Like I said, you're juggling: satisfaction/8 Good Health Guidelines/and an arbitrarily set number of WAPs.

I just don't think that's a "good fit" with Core. :salut :bcb_smile

Personal opinion. :bcb_smile :bcb_wink3

I don't like the idea of using a set number of WPA Points even on Flex. But it does help some people.

Still, if someone were interested in learning to use the WPA, even on Core, it might be an interested method.

I can't see it working for anyone for more than a week or two though. It's just a jump-start trick as far as I'm concerned.

Yes I know that some people are very proud of how they don't use the WPA on Core. Some people are proud of not using it on Flex too. But IMO that's not using the whole WW Program and for some people it sets arbitrary limits that aren't necessary.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

My pictures!

As someone who's used the Wendie Plan method several times and lost a substantial amount of weight on it... the benefit of it for me is that it tells me when to use my WPA's, unfortuantely I have a hard time distributing them through the week myself.. I tend to squander them away the first few days. When I use the Flex plan as opposed to the Core plan I will use the Wendie for this reason. For myself, it's easier to have it all planned out rather then having the freedoms of doing it myself. As for with Core, I agree with Carol, I can't see how the Wendie plan could actually fit into a Corbies week to shake things up. If that was possible them I would easily try it.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png