Health Discovery Network
Guest CelticWolf

Point Issues (please help)

Guest CelticWolf

I have 43 points a day. Do I have to use them all? I can seriously stay full all day long and only use about 50% - 70% of my daily points by eating healthy. Eating alot of the 0 and 1 point soups and stuff inside the cookbook.

is this alright or should I not bother with eating this healthy yet? :bcb_worry

Yes you are supposed to use them all every day. Your Target is the minimum you should be eating on WW. You have to eat enough!

WW acknowledges that heavier people need more fuel to lose weight safely over the long haul. Also younger people, more active people, men, and nursing moms. So ... the "quiz" takes all of these factors into account.

There is a big difference between "eating healthy" and eating a minimum number of calories. To "eat healthy" you pay attention to your healthy 8s, use whole grains, lean proteins, plenty of fruits & veggies, and the like.

You might try adding more calorie-dense foods such as nuts, dried fruits, and full fat dairy and cheeses.

Or if you find you are eating almost entirely Core foods, you might consider Core.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I have 43 points a day. Do I have to use them all? I can seriously stay full all day long and only use about 50% - 70% of my daily points by eating healthy. Eating alot of the 0 and 1 point soups and stuff inside the cookbook.

is this alright or should I not bother with eating this healthy yet? :bcb_worry

Are you doing CORE or POINTS WW??

I see by your profile you've lost 37 pounds to date!

Well done!

Hopie

StartWeight: 15 st 7 lbs (217 lbs)

:bcb_marchworkin it workin it workin it

A Massage for Life.... Your path to healing: body, mind & spirit. http://www.amassageforlife.net/

weight.png

Guest CelticWolf

the 37 pounds hasn't all been on WW. That has been all the weight lost since I was at my largest. Started WW Points Sept 3 2007.

Are you doing CORE or POINTS WW??

I see by your profile you've lost 37 pounds to date!

Well done!

If someone reports a Target of 43, they're doing Flex. On Core you don't worry about Target Points.

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Like Nancy basically said, don't eat "diet" foods. You'll find if you use full fat cheeses, dressings, yogurts, etc., it won't take all that much to use up those 43 points. Nuts for snack is a great idea. Eat eggs and peanut butter for protein. Use regular bread rather than the lower point stuff. Have a serving of regular ice cream at night. Eat more fruits than veggies. Use mayo (if you like it) on sandwiches.

It just takes some time and tweaking to find what works.

~Kristi~

If someone reports a Target of 43, they're doing Flex. On Core you don't worry about Target Points.

Call me daft. What is "flex"? In UK we have a choice of POINTS or CORE.

:o)

Hopie

A Massage for Life.... Your path to healing: body, mind & spirit. http://www.amassageforlife.net/

weight.png

Call me daft. What is "flex"? In UK we have a choice of POINTS or CORE.

:o)

You're not daft, my friend!! :bcb_bigsm Flex is the same as points.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

You're not daft, my friend!! :bcb_bigsm Flex is the same as points.

ta. tee hee hee.

by the by........... YOU'VE DONE REALLY WELL!

Just looking at your ticker!

congrats!

what an inspiration.

keep smiling~

xxbb

hopie

Hopie

weight.png