Health Discovery Network
KimberleyW

FIRMies Thread!! ~~~ Week of October 14-20 ~~~

Hi - I have "Fat Blaster" for my scheduled workout in my rotation tommorrow, and I don't know what would be a good substitution. Is anyone here familiar with the intensity, length and style of the workout?

Fat Blaster is a 45 minute cardio workout with some light 4 limb. What other cardio workouts do you have?

Ultimate Fat Burning Workout is techinically a C+S but I'll often do it with very light weights as a C.

Cardio Overdrive or Cardio Pary from the latest set or Ultimate Calorie Blaster from the TransFIRMer series or Calorie Killer with Nancy would also be good subs.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Thanks for the help. I have Maximum Cardio, Ultimate Calorie Burner, Cardio Sculpt Blaster, Super Cardio Blaster (or something like that – led by Lisa Kay) Ultimate Fat Burning, Super Cardio, Express Cardio, Fat Blasting Cardio, Calorie Filler, there has to be more, I just can’t think of them! I think I will do Ultimate Fat Burning as suggested… I agree that it is much more C than C+S. Thanks for your help! I just finished Week 7 of a 12 week rotation!

Cait

HW: 185-190 10/2001

GOAL MET - 5/11/07! - 14O

2nd Goal MET - 11/2007 - 133

CW: 133

Check out my FitDay! Harrass me if I don't meet my macro-goals!

Guest emoreloc

Hello all- I was looking to join your group....I did the FIRM a lot in highschool and lost 45 lbs with it but now I've gained back so much that I've been scared to start it back but I am determined too.....I just ordered the new set, so that I wouldn't use the step and it would be easier on my knees at my heavier weight, but I plan on using the step again soon!!! I'm glad there are so many other who love the FIRM, I'm going to try my best to post my weekly plan of DVD's and check in for accountability with you all! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend!

I was thinking about trying the firm tapes. I was wondering- I have a reebok step could I use that with the transfirmation sysytem or do I have to have their specific step?

Elaine

Starting Weight for New Year!!- 244

10% Goal - 24

Total Loss- 8.8 pounds

Total Goal - 130

Welcome Erin!

Elaine, The TransFIRMation system doesn't use a step at all.

The TransFIRMer system uses a step that inclines. (I know it's confusing)

I have read about people using a standard step in place of a TransFIRMer but I don't know how you would incline it safely. Though you could just modify those moves. The TransFIRMation videos use the step at 6 inches, 8 inches and 14 inches. Unless you have a lot of risers you might have to modify to use your step.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Hello all- I was looking to join your group....I did the FIRM a lot in highschool and lost 45 lbs with it but now I've gained back so much that I've been scared to start it back but I am determined too.....I just ordered the new set, so that I wouldn't use the step and it would be easier on my knees at my heavier weight, but I plan on using the step again soon!!! I'm glad there are so many other who love the FIRM, I'm going to try my best to post my weekly plan of DVD's and check in for accountability with you all! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and weekend!

The only FIRM workout I have that doesn't use the step (BootCamp maximum Calorie Burn) is just as hard on my knees as the ones that use the step, maybe worse, because they replace Leg Press with more sets of lunges and dips and you don't have any way (such as the inclined step) to protect your knees. Be very careful with your form on these!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I was thinking about trying the firm tapes. I was wondering- I have a reebok step could I use that with the transfirmation sysytem or do I have to have their specific step?
With the transfirmation system, you don't need a step at all.

Back when I started with the FIRM I used my Reebok Step and it worked fine. My first FIRMs were the Cross Trainers, Cardio & Strength, which as far as I know you can still get on DVD. I used the 10" level for leg press. The worst part was taking time to reset the step height.

It didn't take long, though, for me to want a full sized Fanny Lifter for a tall step. Until the TransFIRMer came out, I used my Reebok Step for the short step, switched between 6" and 8". This was back before they had an inclined step, though, and some of the newer FIRM workouts call for using both the 8" and 6" steps side by side.

I didn't get any BSS3 workouts (their original inclined step) until after the TransFIRMer came out. BSS3 and BSS4 call for the inclined step, and BSS4 pretty much calls for the specialized step. You can use an inclined bench for seated stuff on the TransFIRMer, and you can modify at first, but you probably won't be happy in the long term unless you have a step you can safely set at an incline and then do step aerobics on it.

Just my analysis. Hope it helps!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Well, I'm good and proud of myself!! DH & I did a double FIRM day yesterday after taking Wednesday off due to scheduling. I was going to leave it at the leaf raking I did with the kids this afternoon but Ultimate Fat Burning Workout arrived in the mail today so we just *had* to do it!! LOL

Tomorrow I'm going to tackle Bootcamp Max Cal Burn again for the second time. I'm past the PMS/TOM stage so I'm READY!!

:welcome: Erin & Cait!

Kimberley