Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest starbrite

meal replacements

Guest starbrite

hi there, just wondering.

has anyone ever done meal replacements? ie slim fast, herba life, or even just a simple ww smart ones every now and then? do they fill you up?

i am not looking to make that my whole meal plan daily, just having one for lunch or something, cuz im so busy i thought it might be a good way to get in alot of nutrients , with minimal work needed.

i have tried a slim fast shake in the past, and i was hungry the second i finished it. is there any way to make it last?

there are also protein shakes at health food stores , some that will make you gain weight or have a lot of muscle. i was wondering, if i can just take one scoop , which i calculate out to be about 4 points (with milk). the avg person takes the 4 recommended scoops but i am definitley not trying to gain weight. I checked and one scoop of these, is very close to the value of one slim fast scoop or herba life.

is this allowed?

i would rather buy a $30 tub that lasts me a month ( 1 scoop 3 times a day) versus the $200 tiny tubs that last me a month.

or should i just stick to the regular meal replacement drinks such as herba life, or slim fast and maybe try pairing these things with a 0 point salad, soup. or veggies on the side.

can someone help me with this?

i know for a fact herba life works, my family friends have lost a ton of weight. i just do not choose to stick to that as a diet, because i will not learn any life style changes, and the weight will jump rightback on!

ijust want to know if its smarter getting a meal replacement like herbalife or slim fast, which is more costly and leaves me hungry but INTENDED to lose weight

, or something with roughly the same calories, fat, fiber but MORE PROTEIN , that is actually intended to gain weight.

confused :bcb_huh:

Star- I never use meal replacements per say... I have tried Slim Fast in the past.. i got hungry right away, too. Since WW, I have started to eat lots and lots of fiber, (gnu bars are great when you want a cookie type snack and they have almost 50% of your fiber. I get them online gnufoods.com) and munch veggies in between. I don't eat packaged meals. I check them out in the store and have yet to find one that looks like it would ever fill me up. Plus they just don't taste good to me. Here's another of my new faves: a Joseph's lavash flat bread with sauce and ff cheese and veggies for a big three point pizza you can eat all by yourself!!!!

I've never tried slim fast, but i do eat ww meals for lunch every so often, and there pretty good.

Dana

SW 350

CW 313

GW 180

weight.png

if you could find the panini's that lean cuisine make they're really good. Like I can only keep 1 in the freezer good or I'll eat 2. They have 6-7 pts each. Its good if you add either 0 pt soup or a salad or even fruit and a big glass of water.

Chrystal

HW:256.8/cw:244/GW:size 8-10- whatever that is

I eat the WW Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines, and Healhty Choice meals on a regular basis. I always pair it with some low point soup or a salad to keep me full though. Generally, they're not big enough to fill me up. Not the case with the Lean Cuisine Paninis though...they're pretty filling and yummy too!

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

Thanks for asking this questions. I was thinking the same thing about a liquid meal for breakfast, but was worried I would be hungery.

Maybe I will give it a try for just one day. :)

Mindy