Health Discovery Network
chimom3

Too many grapes = water retention?

I am addicted to grapes right now, usually eating appr 5 cups a day. Could this cause water retention?

Chantelle

SW 235.6 ( April 11/07 ) :bcb_cry:

CW 198.2 :bcb_smile

gained 0.6 lbs :bcb_mad2

Total Lost -37.4 !!!!!

My concern would be more with all the sugar that grapes naturally contain. I would think that could have more of an effect than the water content. Interested to see what others say. :bcb_huh:

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Chantelle

SW 235.6 ( April 11/07 ) :bcb_cry:

CW 198.2 :bcb_smile

gained 0.6 lbs :bcb_mad2

Total Lost -37.4 !!!!!

If you're counting the points then I think you're ok. You should hold any more water than normal eating fruits I would think your concerns should be with salt and sodium intake for water retention.

-Padre

SW: 4/2/7- 339lbs

CW: 10/1/9- 194lbs--145 lbs LOST Slideshow

Running Log

I would say that the grapes would HELP with the water retention. I notice that when I eat grapes I tend to GO more.

Also - I agree.. since there is high sugar content in grapes, just watch out for the glucose. And make sure you're counting your points! (1pt/cup)

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

I agree with Padre. I don't think grapes would cause you to retain water. I myself am going through an addiction with grapes (plus they've been on sale for the past several weeks at my market), and I eat at least 2 cups a day. My first thought in reading your post was what your sodium/salt intake is.

Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012