Health Discovery Network
ROADTRIPN

Activity Points???

Went to my third meeting today, and had my second WI. 1st week, I only lost .6 lbs, today I had lost an additional 3.2 lbs. The leader today was great. I think I'll start going on Wednesdays now. She mentioned exercising to get additional points in your day. Can someone please explain to me how the Activity Points work. I wanted to stay and ask the leader, but had to get back to work. Any information would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!

You should have gotten a Week 3 booklet with information about activity and APs. Basically what you can do is to earn activity points based on your activity, level of intensity and duration. When you joined you got a POINTS slider that has the points formula for food on one side, and the AP calculator on the other side. The APs you earn can be swapped for food, but only on the day they are earned.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thanks! My location was out of Booklet #3, so they gave me booklet #4 instead. I will look at my information at home, to get a better idea of how it all works. I really appreciate you taking the time to explain things.

Thanks Again!

Hey Roadtripn, we really ARE on the same track! Congratulations on your 3.2lb loss!!! :bcb_up Today was also my third meeting, second weigh in. My first week was a .8 loss, my second was a 2.4 loss. Yay! The leader also brought up activity points because she was doing myths in WW. One of the things was "I should eat all of my activity points". I was pretty much clueless to what that meant because I only just got the week 3 book, but she was pretty firmly against eating your points because she said too many people do the activity to reward themselves with food. To be honest, she really breezed through it so I'll have to read my book to understand what she meant. I think her basic point was that if you're exercising solely to get extra points, you're not doing yourself any favors.

[/url]

...... but she was pretty firmly against eating your points because she said too many people do the activity to reward themselves with food. I think her basic point was that if you're exercising solely to get extra points, you're not doing yourself any favors.
Aaagggh..... not again!

Activity Points are in WW to provide fuel for your activity. If you are active you SHOULD use them. They can make a HUGE difference in your comfort and your weight loss, especially at lower Target Points levels.

She is correct that exercising to get the food reward is not really the idea.

But IMO she's wrong about "you should eat all of your activity points" being a myth. Even if you eat ALL of them, you have a bigger calorie deficit than you would if you weren't active. You should eat as many as you think you need, up to and including all of them. They are not to be feared or avoided.

So that's what WW is teaching this week. Aagh. :bcb_down

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Leenie17-

Good for you! Right on Track! Good thing we didn't get too discouraged after weighing in last week, huh? Nancyny has a good point, about the extra points for fuel. I think if we use those extra points wisely, it can't be a bad thing. Don't use them on a Dairy Queen Blizzard, but use them on a good healthy meal that would normally put you over your daily limit. I love this website. Good input, from good people, who know!

Good luck this week! Keep up the good work. What else have you been doing to help your weight loss along? Any tips you found useful this past week. I joined a line dancing class one day per week for 2 full hours. It's been great exercise. Plus lots of water, and found me a multivitamin too!

When I hit a plateau, my leaders suggested that I try using all my APs and weekly points. I had started cutting back on them because I was losing so slowly. Well, she was right! It jumped started me right out of the plateau and gave me more energy. :salut

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

ooh, I'm jumping in to say this thread helped me out too, I've never really understood the point of APs, but, now I do... getting into the habit of using them will be tricky because I tended to not, but, I can try! Thanks to Roadtripn for posting the initial question and to everyone else for their answers! :bcb_smile