Health Discovery Network
SSKatie

BOOTCAMP BUDDY CHALLENGE--The President's Challenge

Cheryl, actually it was our dear, smart friend Cordy who 1st breached the idea of a BCB group for this challenge, so gotta give her the credit! So Cheryl and I say THANKS, Cordy!! :D bcbsalute.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Wow , It will be a long way to get the bronze but after 1 WEEK HAVE 7% toward that goal. Lets keep plugging away.

Linda

One mistake is not total failure.

Even if I have the points it is not OP if I feel out of control-I need to eat to nourish my body only, not nurse my fears

S 276.4 4/14/08 CW 266.4 -10 lbs

Back for the last time:bcb_mad:

You go, Linda! Maybe that's what I like about cross-stitch---you keep stitching away, and it doesn't look like much til you get close to the finish and it starts to really take shape. When it's done, it's a masterpiece!

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Putting my Math Hat on, I realized that every 100 Pres. Points equals approximately one WW AP! So, this makes the total even more amazing at 601 APs for the group, which is the equivalent of 17 pounts of fat that we've burned. Now these are totals that we'll be Supersizing - not bad for a bunch of ex-couch potatoes!!!! bcbsalute.gif bcbsalute.gif bcbsalute.gif

ETA that I made the suggestion, but Katie was wonderful enough to implement it at lightning speed. Katie, I feel we share a brain sometimes (I need it for Monday and Wednesday of next week, if that's okay with you. crazy.gif )

[ June 02, 2004, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: CordyC ]

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

I hope it's not too late for me to sign up on this thread. I did sign up on the website. My djw was already taken, so I am ccydjwrn.

I was really surprised to find that my BMI changed from 49.87 to 38.60, and that is before I even started the challange!

It is already 96 today, but I will walk this evening when it cools off.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Cordy, let's do a schedule for "our" brain. :D I' d hate for us to both be expecting to use it on the same day!--ROTFL! You were definitely using it when did all the math to figure out the APs/points/fat for the Challenge--awright, girl! bcbsalute.gif bcbsalute.gif

Donna, definitely not too late to join in! Come right on board, and hope you have a great time! thumbup.gif

UPDATE!! As a group, we have earned 84,251 points in the Challenge! We also have 56 members now! This is incredibly awesome, and I hope we just keep right on going even in the winter, when SOME people slow down! (But not us---not Bootcamp Buddies!!) bcbsalute.gif bcbsalute.gif

*He leadeth me.

WOW just realized I have exercised for 8 days in a row!!! Can that be possible. I just don't believe it. Perhaps that is why the scales are finally tipping down again.

9% toward the bronze and still going strong!!

Even if I have the points it is not OP if I feel out of control-I need to eat to nourish my body only, not nurse my fears

Hi Katie,

I tried to sign up, but was told to come back at a later time. I'll try again. Stars definately motivate me!!!

Onward and downward we go! :D

BTW, does the crazy.gif count as an activity?

My journey starts again.

My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking! (Well, my world has been shrinking as my butt has been expanding. Now I need to turn it around again!)

Add me to the list--I've joined the BCB group too. I signed up for the challenge as soon as SSKatie posted about it.

I've set my activity log as my home page at work, so as soon as I get to work in the morning I'm reminded to log my morning run.

What a great motivator!

189.4/152.2/151

Guest jeremysmom

Wow...those are impressing numbers for the group. bcbsalute.gif

Ruth~~I agree with you...it's great motivation. Great idea to mark that as your home page, too!!~Jean

Well, guys, the magnets are in!!! I'll be sending them out tomorrow so you should get yours by the 1st of next week!

ya.jpg

*He leadeth me.

UPDATE, UPDATE!!

We now have 58 members, and our points total is......102,574!!!! Uh, gee..that's a lot! crazy.gif

*He leadeth me.

I'm in, how does the group thing work ? :rolleyes:

sw 224

gw 120

pgw 200

[ June 07, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: privatelady ]

come sit down beside me, I said to myself,

and although it didnt make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust,

and together, I sat on the fence" :rolleyes:

Guest Jungle

I am 11% on my way to the bronze. I am not sure how many steps I take at work, don't have a pedometer, but it has to be at least 12000 (so that is what I log), I work cleaning in a hotel all day. I also go to the gym and get on the treadmill that is easier to figure, time and mph.

I am loving this challenge.

I got registered tonight! I also logged in all of my activity today! This could be fun!!! :D

My journey starts again.

My world is expanding as my butt is shrinking! (Well, my world has been shrinking as my butt has been expanding. Now I need to turn it around again!)

Thanks Katie for posting this. I just signed up. I'll log my first activity tomorrow.

Laura

Joined January 2002

SW 266.6 Goal 165

Thank you so much for the magnets Katie!!!! That is so awesome of you! :D

Also, thanks for the updates! I love seeing how well our group is doing! Wow btw! Lots of hard work here!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Sarah

208/192.5/114

privatelady, sorry, I just saw your post! All you have to do is look at the 1st post on this thread and sign up! Then get/stay as active as possible to keep that ticker in good shape and to help with weight loss. Have fun!! thumbup.gif

UPDATE: WE HAVE 60 MEMBERS NOW, AND A POINTS TOTAL OF 124,855!!

fireworks.gif

*He leadeth me.

Guest Jungle

What a weekend I had, I am so TIRED and sore!!! Sat my husband and two of our friends went on a 1 hour and 30 minute hike it was great to falls called Uisge Ban (566 points in the challenge).

Then today my husband and I hiked to a place called North River Falls, it was a hard hike, hills, rocks and flats thankfully. It was a 5 1/2 hour round trip (2074 points in the challenge), but it was worth it, the falls were awesome.

Now have 5956 points in the challenge. I feel great and I am happy with my progress exercise wise.

Woo hooooo! I am enjoying logging my progress, and seeing where I am in relation to other BCBers. I'm 26% of my way to a Bronze, and enjoying every second of the process. I have decided to go for the Gold, which ought to take me about a year. I will spring for the snazzy medal once I have earned it, just because!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Guest raidermom

I'm with ya Cordy! thumbup.gif

We are neck and neck in this competition and I'm going for the gold too! treadmill2.gif

One year hey? ugh.gif

LOL

13% toward bronze!!