Health Discovery Network
SSKatie

BOOTCAMP BUDDY CHALLENGE--The President's Challenge

Hi All - I joined the challenge back in June, but I don't think I ever posted on the thread - (I just PM'd you Katie). Anyway - I have been slowly working toward my bronze, I'm 34% of the way there and it is my goal to get Bronze by Thanksgiving. This is such an incredible group - I can't believe how many people have achieved their awards and are going for silver. Totally awesome.

I've been lurking alot over the summer, but have decided that I need to be a more active participant, so I'll be posting a lot more!

Denise

Just signed up. Its great because I joinned a few other challenges and now I can keep track. Thanks

SW 153 CW 134 GW 125

10% Goal: 130

I just joined- this is such a great idea! Thank you !

"Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120

I signed up in July but didn't tell anyone including SSKatie, but here I am now (I was shy and was lurking alot when I joined). I've now got over 20,000 points towards my bronze award! I expect to finish it here in the next couple weeks and move on to the silver! Thanks for starting this group and reviving a great program for fitness. I'm going to see if my work will sponsor a group and buy us our prizes when we reach a goal.

weight.png

Reached GW twice, third time's a charm!

We are star stuff which has taken its destiny into its own hands. -Carl Sagan

Hey all - I'm so excited I just passed the halfway mark to my Bronze award. I will certainly have my Bronze by Halloween - most likely before! Woo hoo!

I am only recording the points that I earn from cycling, walking, and strength training. but it is so fun to see the progress.

Denise

Guest greeneyzgs

Just joined. Hoping this will help keep me active.

I just joined too. I hope this group is still active. Since this is my third week as a re-join and we just received our "Activity Booklet", I'm taking advantage of this "Challenge" keep me motivated in my effort to "get active". Thanks for making me aware of the program. We're all in the "same boat".

"you gotta wanna"

weight.png

Guest mommyof2g

I was lookng for a way to help keep me "motivated" and thought this would be a great way to try. I just signed up. Thanks for posting it!!!!

I just signed up also!! I definately needed something to motivate me and this might do it!! Thanks!:)

~~~Steph~~~

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Guest MsVicky

Hi everyone,

I have NO clue why I haven't noticed this thread before...old age I guess...but anyway I signed up on Saturday so I only have 3 days "under my challenge belt" so far. But I'm going to work my behind off daily!!!

Katie, I emailed you...

I just finished the Bronze award! :goal: Now I get to move on to Silver!

It took me 2 months to get my bronze award. :headover:

weight.png

Guest jeremysmom
:goal: Way to go, Danielle. I'm like 92 per cent there.

Guest PrincessMoonbeam

Howdy there, I have tried to register for the last 45 min, and keep getting an error message, but I will try again tomorrow. Sounds like fun. And will help keep me motivated. Now that the rainy season is starting out here in Oregon, I am going to need a push in the behind.....:embarrass

Guest Babe Ruthless

Hey there Buddies! I'm still trucking along with the Silver level - I am at 57% now. I am going to order my bronze medallion and participant magnet online as soon as they get back to me about my postal code - the form will not accept it!This is a fun challenge - just one more good reason to stay active! :workout:

Guest PrincessMoonbeam

Finally let me register. Cool beans. I entered my activity. :angel

I just found this forum, and joined the President's Challenge! I hope there isn't an "end date" (I couldn't see one on the web site). I look forward to posting my progress and reading about everyone else's!

Guest JayneS

Just joined-and then worked out 1% down, 99% to go!

Guest jeremysmom

I finally did it!!! I made bronze yesterday...on to the silver!!!

I just joined today and 200 points on my way to bronze. What a fun way to both motivate and keep track of your exercise.

Thanks Katie and you will be missed..

~~I am not my past. I am free. For I am this instant how I choose to be.~~

~~Hugh Prather ~~

Judy "B"

SW 294.4 CW 286.4 GW 160

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wSAUiHm/exercise.png

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wE1lj7W/weight.png

Guest jeremysmom

So how's everyone doing with the President's Challenge?? I'm 52% of the way to Silver. I ordered the package for the bronze medal. It comes with the medal, certificate, lapel pin, and ribbon. I think it's way cool. I earned it and I'm so glad I bought it. I can't wait to get to the silver medal level. How are you all doing???

Guest BobPswife

Thanks!!! I joined today and also sent out an inspiring (hopefully) email to my friends and colleagues to join me as well. Let's get through the holidays this year without gaining that supposed 5 lbs. :))))

:exercise:

I did it!!! I finally got my bronze award!! It took me a little longer than I thought, but YIPPPEEE!

I'm on my way to silver now.

Denise

I joined!! Yay, this is going to be so cool! I don't know why I never saw this thread before, but I'm glad I stumbled on to it!

Patience (11/1/11)

Sean-8

Sara-5

Samantha-2

314/302/180

-12 :bcb_up

Next WI - 11/28/11 (goal -2)

sounds like everyone's doing great! I'm about 75% of the way to silver! Hopefully I'll get there by soon. Its so hard for me to get motivated when its soooo cold and yucky outside and its only light for 8 hours a day ( or seems like it)!

I found out that you can be a part of multiple groups. I'm now also a part of "healthier feds" as a federal employee. Its a competition between the different units of the government. I'm a part of the USDA and I don't think we'll even come close to competing with the likes of the law enforcement agencies... :D

Awesome job everyone! keep it up!

weight.png