Health Discovery Network
Guest Aditswimbug

At what quantity do 0-point vegetables start counting?

Guest Aditswimbug

I eat a lot of veggies, 6-8 servings everyday. I usually eat them raw or steamed. Normally I'll eat cabbage, lettuce, celery, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, summer squash, zuccini, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, and probably a few other 0 pointers I'm forgetting. When do I have to start counting a point or two for all these veggies, if at all?

Thanks!

Personally, I never count points for the true zero point veggies. :bcb_bigsm

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

I echo Luanne's sentiment regarding true zero point veggies - I never count it, regardless of the quantity.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Here's the rule....eat ALL you want. They never count except for starchy vegetables like corn, peas and potatoes. There is one exception however. Raw onions and carrots are o points unless cooked. The cooking releases the stored sugar somehow and then you have to count them.

David

HW: 570 ( Pretty big huh?)

SW: 511.8 ( Well thats a little better)

CW: 469

IMPOSSIBLE is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. IMPOSSIBLE is not a fact. It's an opinion.

Yep- Corn counts as aveggie-- but again, you HAVE to count it!

I never count veggie points either, and I eat tons of them.

I don't count corn, but apparently you can count sweet corn and popcorn as veggies.

Starchy veggies like corn and potatoes do have Points and you have to count them.

The 0-Point veggies are free though. You can fill up on them. Do pay attention to your hunger levels though ... you don't want to get overstuffed, even on celery!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Like you, I also eat tons of veggies daily - raw, steamed or roasted. I don't count them for a couple of reasons:

1. Eating veggies isn't what caused my weight problem to begin with - it was the candy, fatty junk food and huge portions.

2. Veggies fill me up, providing lots of fiber and good nutrients - and help me avoid eating the foods that AREN'T good for me.

3. A veggie binge won't have the advese consequences (scale-wise, physically and emotionally) as a full-blown junk binge.

So, enjoy! :bcb_bigsm

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

Thanks, that also my question because I'm making vegetable soup.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png