Health Discovery Network
Milessa

on my own

Hello there! Well... just thought I'd do the cool newbie thing to do and toss a post up here to say hello. I'm not really new to WW, I went to meetings a few years ago with my sister, but then neither of us kept it up because, well, it's kind of expensive and I was in college at the time, but now I'm 21, living on my own, and thinking to myself "wow, you're still fat. still. after trying to lose weight for about 4 years. you suck." And it's not even a huge amount of weight, either...just 30 pounds. I know I can do it. I've just been lazy the past...well, okay, my whole life! :bcb_grin

So anyway... it's the first day of a new month and I've decided to get back on WW, but do it "on my own", without the assistance of meetings/leaders/weigh-ins, etc. It's too costly for me right now, but I still have all the info/booklets/whatnot from the meetings a few years ago... so I figured I'd give it a go. I remembered BCB from my previous WW experience and decided I'd get into the habit of posting here since I won't have the support of meetings or a leader. Or really anyone since I live alone. Hehe.

I'm off to post on the 20's forum, but wanted to say hello to all the other new kids out there, feel free to hit me up, I know I definitely would love the support and friendship this place looks like it can offer!

Well welcome to the board again then Milessa. Good luck with everything and if you have any questions you're more than welcome to PM me.

Have a good one! :bcb_smile

weight.png

Guest proudarmywife

I just wanted to send a quick note and say "HEY!" I am in a similar situation as you, I gave up the meetings due to $$, I did WW after the birth of my first child. I too have about 30-40 pounds to lose. Anyway just wanted to say hey, and welcome you. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat! Take care and good luck! We can do this!!

Thanks, both of you! I've gotta set this up to email me when someone replies or I'll forget to check. >

Welcome Milessa! I'm doing this all on my own as well, basically for the same reasons....$$! I know you can do it. Just remember...mind over matter!! Be strong and if you fall, get right back up and keep going. Good luck!! :bcb_smile

Cindi

SW - 215 on 7/27/07

CW - 141.5

GW - 150

38 yrs old

5'7"

Guest Aditswimbug

Way to go! When I first came here a few weeks ago I felt like "everybody knew everybody" and there was no place for me to fit in. The wonderful people here have since proved me wrong, as you can see by the BCBer's who replied to your post. They are full of support and enthusiasm for everyone from newbies to old pros.....this site is awesome!

Welcome to BCB, Milessa. You alone can do this, but you don't have to do it alone. :) Post often for support!

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone

Welcome to BCB, Milessa,

As you can see, no one stays alone here for long. :salut

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

There is a WW at home board here. We are all doing it "alone" together come join. Also, depending on your age, I love to check out the t 20's. They have a very activie board.

Welcome back!!

Mindy

Thanks! I guess I'm two steps ahead, I did post in both the WWAH board and the T-20's! Hope to see ya around!