Health Discovery Network
pyccku

Getting motivated...AGAIN

I first did WW back in 2002. I lost 49 pounds doing it on my own, and was 1 pound away from goal. Then I got unexpectedly pregnant in early 2004. My "bonus baby" was born in 8/04, and I was up 60 pounds.

I nursed her for 18 months, then joined WW meetings last September. I lost 16 pounds on Core, but then had to stop going to meetings in February due to my work schedule changing. I've now gained it all back and am starting again at 200 pounds.

I signed up for WW online in September. I figured knowing that I was paying for it would make me more likely to follow it, but it turns out I was wrong. I just have NO motivation. Before, I did feel very gung-ho about it, I had lots of will-power, etc. Now I just feel so unmotivated to do much of anything. I haven't been going crazy and eating everything in sight, and I'm still exercising daily (only 2AP, walking the dog each morning, but at least I'm exercising!). So I haven't gained a bunch in the past month - but I haven't lost any either.

I'm ready to try Core again, but I have to say - it's going to be one hour at a time right now. I'd love to have that burning feeling inside like I did the first time around - a goal that I wasn't going to be thwarted from reaching - no way, no how! I just haven't felt that sort of motivation since the first time I did WW.

How do you get motivated? I know that with a lot of things - smoking, drugs, etc. - you can't quit until you want to quit. Sure, you can make it for a while just forcing yourself to go along - but as soon as difficulties arise, it's hard to stick with it unless you really WANT it. I know I'll be more successful if I have the fire inside instead of just bumbling along, following the plan but not really getting excited about it.

SW:233.0 CW:233.0 GW:160

I know I'll be more successful if I have the fire inside instead of just bumbling along, following the plan but not really getting excited about it.
pyccku, fake it till you make it works because your body doesn't know if you're excited or not. It only knows calories in and calories out. Motivation for me comes from action. Positive actions bring motivation. Keep exercising, drinking your water, eating Core. You'll get excited again once the weight begins to come off and your clothes get too big. Hang in there, buddy and like Nike says, Just Do It.

Find a home board or two here on BCB that meets your needs (either by age, buddy system, or buddy groups). Introduce yourself and post often for accountability. Also read through the Training Manual for inspiration. Best wishes!

• HW-142 CW-118
  • Success is not built on success. It's built on failure. It's built on frustration. Sometimes its built on catastrophe.--Sumner Redstone