Health Discovery Network
Iris77

Trade Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken

gotta love trader joe's...

this is sooo delish!!! just like general tso's chicken, minus the spice (which i never liked anyway), and MUCH lower in calories. 5 pts per cup, which is pretty a generous serving. I served it with white rice...even Dh loved it! :bcb_up:bcb_up

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

MMM...this is my favorite product at TJ's.

FYI, It gives you several cooking methods...I think baking the chicken is the best, it comes our nice and crispy! Just like it would be from a restaurant, but without all the grease :bcb_up

Carolyn

SW 211 :mad: ; Height: 5'8"

WWGW 150 (goal on 7/15/07) PGW 140

CW 136.4 (-74.6) 01/08/08

Oh yeah, i baked mine...the check out guy actually said "and this is the best product that TJ carries..." mmmm....

Another vote here for TJ's Mandarin Orange Chicken...baked!! :bcb_up

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

I've heard so many rave reviews on this stuff. I'm planning on heading over to TJ's next week and I'm going to have to pick it up.

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

After coming across this post so many times, I finally went to TJ's after work and tried this stuff out.

I served it with brown rice and baked cream cheese won tons. I loved it. DB loved it. He was in disbelief and how much "better" it was than our favorite local chinese take out place.

I loved it prepared just the way the package says (in the oven!) However, next time I think I might give it a kick by adding some crushed red pepper to the sauce!

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention! (Here I sit, at work, knowing my left overs are in the fridge.. my mouth is drooling for this stuff again!)

*Jillian*

I dont live that far from Trader Joe's. The last time I was there, I couldnt find it. Forgive my stupidity - is it frozen? That's where I looked! Thanks.

Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237

Current Weight: 203.5

My Goal Weight: 180

Yes, its in the frozen section with the stir frys, etc.

With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

weight.png

Yep, it's in the frozen section. But it's popular, and they're out of it about half the time I go. Check again next time you're there.

Nikki

SW: 183 (1/8/06)

CW:145

WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)

next minigoal: Get back into the 130s

It IS good. My family really enjoys it. And, it's so nice to have that in the freezer for a quick and easy meal.

Also, TJs has some frozen vegetable egg rolls that are only 2 points each. I mix a dab of SF jam with a little soy sauce and horseradish for a dipping sauce.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

It IS good. My family really enjoys it. And, it's so nice to have that in the freezer for a quick and easy meal.

Also, TJs has some frozen vegetable egg rolls that are only 2 points each. I mix a dab of SF jam with a little soy sauce and horseradish for a dipping sauce.

Your little sauce there sounds great! I'll have to try it!

*Jillian*

Guest aggiegirl92

This is an absolutely fav of my two boys. I love it too and thought I'd have to give it up once I started WW fearing the points would be more than I want to spend. Much to my surprise, a cup is only 5 points! I sometimes skip the rice and eat it on top of a salad. YUMMY!!!

Guest mochalattekona

Read about it- Saw it- Bought it- cooked it- Ate it- LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more???????

I found this at Trader Joe's yesterday. It wasnt where I had looked before. There are two huge freezer cases at my TJ's. I found it in the frozen vegetable section. Before, I had looked near the frozen stir fried rices. We havent tried it yet, but I am looking forward to it.

We love this stuff! The nearest TJ's is a bit of a drive so we don't go often, but they are closing that one and building one in our neighborhood.

We were so disappointed, they were ALL OUT of the mandarin chicken yesterday. Bummer...who knew it was so popular?

SW:233.0 CW:233.0 GW:160

Yes it's popular because it's GOOD!!

I took a previous poster's advice and added a few shakes of red pepper flakes to it and YUM, even better than before, gave it a little something that it was missing, even though good both ways. :bcb_up

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

Guest TryingWW

Thanks for the recommendation. A Trader Joes just opened up about a mile from the WW center. It was the first thing I bought. My boys absolutely loved it. It was easy to make (no standing over the stove stir frying) and truly tasted better than take out. I rarely get to have sesame chicken out because of the points and this definitely was an "even" substitute. The package says 3.5 servings but there was plenty for the 4 of us. Typically, the serving size is a bit skimpy so the points just don't seem worth it for the amount you get. This was a pleasant surprise.

I hate it when everyone says it is "just like" something and it turns out to be a dieters best substitute (low substitute) and nothing like the real thing. This week I also picked up some of their other oriental style foods to see what they are like. Keeping my fingers crossed that they are passable!

I went tonight to buy it - sold out! Their frozen brown rice is really good too and I bought the last box.

You know, whenever my TJs is out of something, I always ask to see if they have some more in the back...70% of the time, they do. But, its definitely better to go there in the morning, before the crowd gets to deplete the stock of everything...LOL

Thanks Iris, I never thought to ask. Where did you get the puzzle part of your signature? I just found out I am going to be a grandmother and would like to send that to my daughter-in-law.

So I finally tried the chicken tonight. Very good, but I don't think it's something I could eat a lot of. It's kinda strong/rich. Maybe I used to much sauce. But still...excellent!

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130