Health Discovery Network
mustlose

Skinny Mashed Potatos

Has anyone made the "skinny mashed potatoes" and know how much is considered a serving???

~MaryLauren

Sunday weigh in

Starting weight- 204.8

Current weight- 195.8

Goal weight- 160

weight.png

Guest Dutch

what are skinny mashed potatoes?I have never seen them.

You take 5 large potatos and 2 cans of chicken broth and cook them as you would regular mashed potatos in water. As you mash them you add 1 and 1/4 cups of the chicken broth you used to cook the potatos instead of using milk and butter. Add pepper to your liking. I figured it out to be 2 points per serving, however it makes 6 servings and I was wondering how much is in a serving. They are very good if anyone wants to try them!

~MaryLauren

Sunday weigh in

Starting weight- 204.8

Current weight- 195.8

Goal weight- 160

weight.png

I have tried this receipe before and used the broth you can buy at Trader Joes. I loved it sooo much. The potatoes were moist and had great flavor. I put alittle spray butter on top too, sooo good.

" I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads my way... "

~ Dave Matthews Band - Song 41

According to the WW book, 1/2 cup is a serving size.

I make "skinny mashed potatoes" using equal amounts of potatoes and cauliflower. Mash together with a bit of the water( or broth ) its cooked in.

All you need to count is the points for the potatoes.

I live alone so I make single serving sizes. I get to eat the whole thing ( its a lot )and count it as 3 pts for the one potatoe.

Peggy

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

I make "skinny mashed potatoes" using equal amounts of potatoes and cauliflower. Mash together with a bit of the water( or broth ) its cooked in.

Peggy

What a great idea. I'm going to try that the next time we need a mashed tater fix. Thanks.

Guest unacubiche

I boil my potatos, but don't smash them, I cut them like a baked potato, and I add a little chicken broth, pepper, and a little Light Ranch Dressing it's 4 points... YUM YUM!

Adding on to what has already been said:

Aside from boiling the potatoes in chicken broth, I also add cauliflower into the pot - the 0-point veggie helps "stretch the potatoes, giving you more volume (and fiber). Other flavorings I've added are some dried ranch dressing mix or gourmet popcorn seasoning (they come in parmesan/garlic, cheddar cheese, jalapeno, and butter).

SW: 224 lbs

CW: 162 lbs :bcb_march

GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...