Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
RJHufford

Chicken and Pasta Alfredo (WW Magazine)

Here is a recipe I just tried this week from the November/December WW Magazine. It was really good! I couldn't find fusilli so I used whole wheat rotini instead. Also, I didn't use the pecorino Romano cheese, I used regular grated Romano. Other than that, I followed it to the letter.

Chicken and Pasta Alfredo

Serves 6 @ 6 Points per 1 cup serving.

3/4 pound whole-wheat fusilli

3 (1/4-pound) skinless, boneless chicken breast

3/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

1 cup fat-free half-and-half

1/2 cup fat-free milk

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

2 tablespoons light stick butter

2 garlic cloves, minced

1/4 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese

2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

Shaved pecorino Romano cheese for garnish (optional)

1. Cook the fusilli according to package directions, omitting the salt if desired.

2. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper. Spray a ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, 5-6 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes and set aside.

3. Combine the half-and-half, milk, flour, nutmeg, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl; beat with a whisk until blended.

4. Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, just until golden, about 1 minute. Whisk in the half-and-half mixture and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture bubbles and thickens, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the fusilli, chicken, grated cheese, and parsley; cook, stirring gently, until heated through, about 1 minute longer. Serve at once with the shaved cheese if you choose.

Per Serving (About 1 cup without shaved cheese) 330 Cal, 6 G Fat, 3 G Sat Fat, 0 G Trans Fat, 47 MG Chol, 663 MG Sod, 47 G Carb, 4 G Fib, 24 G Prot, 148 MG Calc. Points Value 6.

ChickenPastaAlfredo.jpg

Ruthie

Joined WW--1-13-2007

Height - 5'2"

SW - 170.6

GW - 135

10% GW: 153.4 -- 4-14-2007

Goal: 134.8 -- 12-22-2007

Total Loss: 35.8 lbs.

WW Lifetime Membership--2-09-2008

Current Weight-136

My Pictures

just made this for lunch for DBF and it was delish! putting this in my 'keeper' pile!

Nicki HW 284.0/SW 246.6/CW 246.0/GW 184

LIFETME- 5/5/07 (lost 100 lbs)

If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

Guest jeannam84

Oh my gosh! I am huge pasta fan and I am going to try making this tomorrow night, it looks like it is going to be Y-U-M-M-Y! (well at least I hope)