Health Discovery Network
PadreC

PadreC

sometimes I feel vain updating this thread but I just remember all those years ago it was here that I would come to see what might be.

Sunday, October 25, 2009 I ran a marathon (26.2 miles) in 4:12 which is a 9:36 m/mile pace. On April 1, 2007 I weighed about 340 lbs down 20 from my all time high of 360 lbs.

waterstop.jpg

medal2.jpg

SW: 4/2/7- 339lbs

CW: 10/1/9- 194lbs--145 lbs LOST Slideshow

Running Log

Great job, you look incredible! Do not feel vain for updating us, vanity is self-serving and you are not serving yourself, but inspiring others! There is a big difference...

Starting weight. 301.4

Current weight. 295.4

1st mini goal. 285

2nd mini goal. 275

3rd mini goal. 265. :bcb_march

Guest ShrinkingKaren

Padre - you look amazing but more importantly you are incredibly fit! You should feel proud (and a bit vain) for being able to complete that marathon in excellent time.

Plus, you're a bit of a hottie :bcb_wink3

Dude you are my role model. I'm hoping to run a half next year, and maybe a full depending on how the half goes.

flex_really_tiny.jpg FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

weight.png

Padre~What an accomplishment. You are not vain posting/updating your thread, this is BCB!:bcb_smile You have accomplished so much. Look at yourself, and pat yourself on the back, YOU deserve it!

Congratulations on your lifestyle change, a healthier you, and that amazing time on your marathon. You are an inspiration.

Trudie

HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6

CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Guest LostButNowAmFound

That is amazing....you seriously are an inspiration!!!!

I 2nd what Karen said:bcb_wink3

Great time!! I'm not sure if you're into biking and swimming too, but have you ever thought about doing a triathlon?

Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!

Due February 2012

All right a little more attention whoring on my part. You just read about people that did weight watchers and wonder if they kept it off. I'm at about 3.5 years now since I started "the program" and while I'm not an avid points counter weight watchers taught me to be mindful of points and how I was eating which I use at every meal today. I've kept it off!

Here's my latest pic of me in a 1 mile race. My time was 5:45. You can see that there's some extra skin around the belly but I'd rather than that all the extra weight I was carrying around.

summerseries.jpg

SW: 4/2/7- 339lbs

CW: 10/1/9- 194lbs--145 lbs LOST Slideshow

Running Log

Nick the extra skin is your badge of honor, wear it proudly. You look amazing.

Peg

She was warned.

She was given an explanation.

Nevertheless, She persisted.

Pretty amazing; I had to share it with my husband, the fact that you've kept it off is wonderful and very encouraging!!!

SW 330.0 lbs

1/28/2020 236.2

(Total loss 93.8)

Food was my anxiety drug.. before God became my EVERYTHING! He's my.. Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and on Standby 24/7!!! John 14:16 (Amp)

Wow Nick! Very inspiring. You DESERVE a little attention whoring!! Especially when it's so helpful to others, who may be faltering!! AWESOME WORK!:salut

Padre - Thanks for posting the update - like you, I check out this board when I need inspiration - and your updated post helped to do it. Congratulations on the recent Marathon finish - it's a great accomplishment. Great work.

O'Dawg

Brian

SW 297 (01/27/07)

LW 195 (7/4/14)

Restart 297 (1/28/14) (Ouch) :bcb_mad2

CW 195 12/18/14 (-)

Total Loss 102 lbs

Guest LeeBeeJeebies

Holy smokes! I am BLOWN away! Wow. Seriously. Very good job!! What an incredible inspiration you are. I am 25, and I always think to myself...if I'm not a runner by now, I'll never become one. It's just too late. But I see you...and I see what you've become..

Nick - I remember you from years ago when you still had a long way to go - and here you are at the finish line. You should be so proud of yourself - you have done fantastic! And not vain - you deserve to be a little vain - you look fantastic!! And you're teaching your kids how to be healthy and fit. A great role model, which is a huge bonus! Congratulations - keep updating!

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish