Health Discovery Network
jimsbride

Stuffing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie

I REALLY want to stay OP through Thanksgiving. BUT, I know my weaknesses. So, does anyone have a tried and true alternative for the traditional stuffing (dressing), sweet potatoes w/melted marshmellows on top, and of course, the pumpkin pie. And how does the ff turkey gravy line up with core?

Thanks for your help. I will probably post this in main thread in case it is not seen well here today.

JimsBride's Journal

HW - 291.5

SW - 280.0

CW - 280.

Mini goal (Aug 15 ) 260

GW - 150

:) - per 5 pounds lost Start: 07/09/08-- 0:kickbutt: OP day

jimsbride...I make my regular cornbread dressing and my family loves it. I make a pan of cornbread using 2 cups white corn meal, 2 cups nonfat buttermilk, 1 egg, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. baking powder. After it is cooked, I crumble it very fine and add sage, a little salt, a little black pepper (all to taste) and mix it with FF chicken broth (I make mine a little soupy because I don't like dry dressing). Bake on 400 deg. until it turns brown and enjoy. My family always request I make the dressing.

For the pie, I make the pie off the back of the pumpkin can but substitute splenda and FF evaporated milk (or FF milk) for the sugar and milk.

The sweet potato casserole I make is NOT core and there is no way to make it core so I just eat a tsp. of it and count a couple of WAP's. I know there are some sweet potato recipes out there but my family loves mine and there's always so many veggies I don't mess with my sweet potatoes.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.

Thank you Jamiebrandsonsmom for all of the good info. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am going to really try to stay with it this year. That would make the holidays the best for me.

JimsBride's Journal

HW - 291.5

SW - 280.0

CW - 280.

Mini goal (Aug 15 ) 260

GW - 150

:) - per 5 pounds lost Start: 07/09/08-- 0:kickbutt: OP day

Ooops...I forget the onion. I do add chopped onion to my dressing. Sorry.

wwnUztp

LOVE & BLESSINGS

GAIL

Be faithful, be strong, be diligent.....

it's only good news if told in time.