Health Discovery Network
Sarahbeara

Points for tamales?

Hi Buddies,

I am at work and forgot today that I had a lunch date at a tamale restaurant. Ok, I'm not sure what the damage was yet...but trying to figure it out and see if I can still be OP for today with dinner. I don't have my food guide to look up the points for a tamale, but I ate one black bean tamale and a bowl of split pea soup. The split pea soup was advertised as "vegan" but could still have had plenty of oil. I think I remember most bean soups being about 4 pts. per cup? So the bowl might be 7-8 points. The tamales are supposedly "lard free" so I'm wondering if they might be lower points than regular ones...? How do you tamale-lovers out there caluculate your points for them?

Thanks for any help you can give!!

SW: 155

CW: 154.7

GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

When I don't have my WWers materials with me (or even when I do and can't find something) a great site for nutritional information is http://www.calorieking.com. You don't need to pay to use the search function there.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Thank you Luanne! Surprisingly, this site doesn't list tamales as being all that bad...good to know.

SW: 155

CW: 154.7

GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."