Health Discovery Network
Leesa68

Sugar free syrup??

I used to love french toast before WW. Now, I try not to eat it because I can't seem to find a low point syrup that tastes good to me. I will make my french toast with light bread (2 slices for 1 pt.) and egg beaters, but does anyone know of any toppings besides syrup that would be good on french toast? Or, could you tell me of any low point syrup that you like? I don't like the aftertaste of sugar free syrups.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

Lisa

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

I love the Mrs. Butterworth's Sugar Free Syrup. I don't notice an after taste with that.

Some people use a little SF jam or applesauce.

Sometimes I take the FF plain yogurt, add a little sweetner and some cinnamon. (I'm not sure whether you use any sweetners? Splenda tastes good to me.)

Or you could make a sauce by cooking down blueberries or apples with cinnamon.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest luv2beslim

I use DaVinci sf pancake syrup. You can also make it from maple flavoring.

You could make your own with strawberries, sf jam, figure out what works for you.

We really like Smucker's SF syrup!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Yes, yes, yes!!! Smucker's low calorie syrup is 0 pts. for 1/4 cup!!! It's wonderful!!! I use it in some recipes instead of brown sugar. You have to try it!!

ginnyb

"The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"

Cary's has a sugar-free syrup, and so does Maple something (Farms?) Maybe it's Cozy Cottage. Maybe it's Maple Farms Cozy Cottage. It's something.:)

Tish

Onward and Downward

Okay, I have to say that I bought sugar-free syrup once and it was very gross to me, but I'm a little sensitive to artificial sweeteners. Depending where you look, real maple syrup is between 16 - 20 calories per teaspoon. It tastes WAY better than supermarket "maple syrup" which is usually just corn syrup plus flavorings. Here are my strategies:

I use one slice of organic whole-wheat bread (organic so there's no High Fructose Corn Syrup in the bread - yuck!)

I totally soak the bread in egg and skim milk(I'm on CORE so I use one whole egg, but egg beaters are a good choice) - that way I get some useful protein in too.

After the french toast is cooked, I drizzle one tsp. of healthy oil (canola) then one tsp. real maple syrup. Having the healthy oil on it also makes it feel much richer in your mouth.

I cut a whole apple, orange, pear, or other fruit I have on the side. I can use the apple to dip into some of the leftover syrup and the fruit helps to fill me up - I am so satisfied by this method, I actually like it more than "real" french toast. If I were still hungry (hasn't happened yet), I could still enjoy more fruit, maybe a more filling banana.

I usually make my husband and kids 2 pieces of the french toast, they usually don't want more of the syrup, but for 20 more calories, you could have another tsp. if you feel that you need it.

Amy

SW 164.8

WWG 130

Ideal Range: 118-123

CW 129.0

Lifetime 3/1/07

Wow! Thanks everyone. I may just have to try them all until I find one I like. Thanks again for all your help!

Lisa

Leesa

HW: 259.6

CW: 161.6

Mini GW: 199.0 met 1/25/08

Next GW: 175 met 5/26/08

Next GW: 150

Inch by inch, it's a cinch!

My mother-in-law loves to top her with Smucker seedless Black Raspberry preserves. I know they make sugar-free.

Mama to 4 kiddos!

I like taking any of the sugar-free preserves/jellies out there and heating them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to create my own sugar-free syrup for french toast and waffles. My current favorite is Smucker's sugar-free cherry preserves, only 10 calories per tablespoon. If I'm in a decadent mood, I'll do a squirt of fat-free Reddi Whip for another 5 calories per 2 tablespoons on top.

~Cassie

Achieved my second 10% on 11/29/07

Working on my third 10% 266/256.6/240

Progress pictures at myspace.com/cww1022