Health Discovery Network
Guest bbnmadismom

Where do I start?

Guest bbnmadismom

Well I dont have a lot of time to write this message..I'll start by introducing myself, I have been here before but it was about a year and half ago. My name is Kelly. I am 29 years old, I am married and I have 2 children, and I am currently in my 2nd year of Dental Hygiene school! My life is hectic to say the least!

So I need some suggestions on where to start. I am feeling so overwhelmed right now with school, kids and boards right around the corner! My weight has creeped up to 188! I cannot believe I weigh almost 200 pounds! I used to weigh about 115....that was before marriage and kids!

Anyway I cannot afford to join meetings right now I want to soon but we will have to see how the finances work out! I know that I have to lose weight for many reasons myself, wanting to look and feel better, my children, so I will be healthy, and my soon to be new career (hopefully) cause my back hurts all the time now!

So any tips on where I should start, things to look at, what to eat! I have to have things that taste good or I won't eat them!! So any advice is greatly appreciated!

Kelly

You really need to go to one meeting to get the points calculator and plan information. We aren't allowed to give out copyrighted materials.

Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Guest bbnmadismom

Well I wasnt asking for anyone to do anything wrong. Just thought I might could get some guidance! I guess I will just chalk it up to another dead end because I CANNOT afford to go to a meeting right now while we are living on one income!

Kelly -

Check your private messages.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Kelly, Welcome to BCB,

I think what Quilt was trying to say was that it's harder to to guide you when you don't have the booklets but it's by no means impossible.

If you go to the WW site http://www.weightwatchers.com, they have a great deal of free info to get you started. We have a site here WW at Home that can also help guide you.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

If you attend just one W W meeting you are under no obligation to return. Call the W W in your area to inquire how much 'one' meeting will cost. I'm sure it won't be much more than eating lunch out. You will get a wealth of information plus the booklets and details will be explained to you by the leader.

The second thing I would do would be to make the time to get some exercise. Gather the kids and take a walk. Put on some dance music and you and the kids dance around the room.

Ann

ann p

You can always attend a meeting without having to pay for anything... just tell whomever is there that you wanted to learn more about WW and what goes on in the meeting to see if it's right for you. They should have no problems with letting you stay. Also at the end of each meeting the WW leader goes over the basics of the program with the people who have just joined that day. That could also be a wealth of information for you to get started..

good luck!

Cammie

weight.png

While it's true that anyone can attend a meeting (and usually sit through the Getting Started Session as well) without signing up, you do NOT get to keep the program materials. You also won't be weighed in until you join. In order to get the program materials (the Eat Wisely book, the points slider) you need to register. Currently there is not a free registration period, so it would cost the registration fee, plus one week meeting fee. In my area that is $32 ($20 registration, $12 meeting fee).

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

They must have JUST started free registration (at least in my area) because a friend of mine called me today and said that she was thinking about joining because registration was free. Just an FYI if you're in the NY area.

Cammie

weight.png

They must have JUST started free registration (at least in my area) because a friend of mine called me today and said that she was thinking about joining because registration was free. Just an FYI if you're in the NY area.
That must be a franchise area. Corporate locations free registration is from 12/23/07 - 3/8/08.

However there is never a registration fee if you buy the Monthly Pass or a pre-paid plan. Best way to find out what is available in your area is to go to the WWers website: http://www.weightwatchers.com and enter your zipcode in the "Find a Meeting" spot. That will give you meeting locations and also information on the payment options and any specials in your area.

Luanne

"Just Do It"

Goal - 8/2/02

Anyway I cannot afford to join meetings right now I......... I know that I have to lose weight ........so I will be healthy, .

If you had to buy a medicine to be healthy, would you find a way?

This IS that important.

Because, YOU are that important.

CW

AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202124

My mom just informed me that through our insurance company, they will reimburse for WW meetings. It comes down to about $5 a meeting which is a steal! You are required to buy coupons up front but she said she had no trouble getting her refund. So you could buy 4 weeks for about $20 to get started.

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12