Health Discovery Network
jinner

Freeform Crochet

Help! I need your opinion!!

I'm thinking of taking a class... crafty one. I came across freeform crochet. I can't decide if it's ugly or pretty art. Here are some samples... What do you think?

http://www.freeformcrochet.com/designs.html

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/freeform.html

I'm serious here. Take the class or ugh?!

"If and When were planted, and Nothing grew."

proverb

Guest TryingWW

I think you need a strong sense of style to carry off the outfits. I did have to giggle out loud about Lisa's dress being "ready for embellishment." There was a lot going on already! If you aren't sure, give it a try. Even if you don't like it, at least you know you don't like it and aren't left wondering.

I'm not a crochet fan but I must say that it is very interesting to say the least. If you learn to do this you will always have the knowledge and no one can take that away from you. Good luck in your decision.

Bunkaroo

Thanks! I think I will give it a try. It can't hurt too much!:bcb_bigsm

"If and When were planted, and Nothing grew."

proverb

I think it's rather neat. Just like other art forms, not always pleasing to everyone's eye, but very creative. And we all have different tastes in almost everything anyway. I say go for it!

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

I vote for taking the class. I'll admit, i wouldn't wear some of the outfits, but it looks like there is much more going on there. I do like many of the purses in the first thread and have seen many people with crocheted purses. It's nice to have something unique once in a while. It looks like there are so many various things you can do, even wall hangings. I hope you will give it a try! If you don't like it you just don't have to do it! LOL! P.S. Needlework is also a GREAT way to keep those fingers busy doing something instead of snacking.

firechick139:wave:

sw 214/cw 194/wwgw 155/pgw 148

:D "DON'T WAIL ON THE SCALE IF YOU CHEAT WHEN YOU EAT!" :D

"Needing to lose 70lbs seems overwhelming to me. So, I'm going to lose 1lb - 70 times. That, I know I can do"

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."- Confuscious

Guest sodacracker

While I would not wear a lot of them I loved them! So creative and funky - I really liked the little mixed media pieces with crochet, wood and photographs and the little purses that could even hang from a wall as a decoration.