Health Discovery Network
tamlynrose

Brownie in a Mug

This recipe was given in our last meeting. If is a wonderful treat when you are in need of a quick chocolate fix.

Brownie in a Mug

1 serving

1 point

4 Tbsp. Lowfat Brownie Mix

2 Tbsp. Water

Mix in a mug, microwave for 1 minute

Add 1 Tbsp FF Cool whip

Oooh thanks for posting this! I'm always in search of a good low pt. chocolate fix. I'm heading to the grocery story in a bit and have added it to my list!

Update: I bought some Betty Crocker lowfat brownie mix and tried this. Whoever comes up with these little tricks is genius. I especially like it because all it takes is water. I loved it!!

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

Watch the points with whatever mix you are using. I used the No Pudge Fudge Brownie Mix (no fat), and it came out to 3 pts!

Nita

Guest TryingWW

Mine came out to 4 points! It sounded like a great idea until I actually did the math.

Guest WilmNC

I could be totally off on this, but I think I saw (somewhere!) that the NI for cake/brownie mixes for 1 serving (unprepared) is for 1/4 cup of the mix...which I think is 4 tablespoons....so if that is true, then the NI you could use to calculate the points is the NI for one serving on the box...

Hope this helps (and is correct!).

Guest TryingWW

I think it depends on the mix. The NI for the mix I used is for 20 servings and there is 1.5 cups mix in the box. That is 24 Tablespoons (you are right, there are 16 Tablespoons in a cup or 4 Tablespoons in a 1/4 cup). Doing the math, that means there is slightly over 1 Tablespoon of mix per NI serving (or 1 Tablespoon and 1 teaspoon). Since the recipe above calls for 4 Tablespoons that is around 3 SERVINGS of mix meaning you multiply the NI by 3 to determine points. If you only used 1 serving of mix it would be 2 points but if you make it according to the recipe above it is 4-5.

Guest TryingWW

I think the 1/4 cup is correct for cake mix because cake mix NI is usually for 12 servings.

Okay, what is "NI"..??

I also tried to do the math for the Betty Crocker Lowfat Brownie Mix. 4T came out to 3 points for me. :bcb_cry: I was really disappointed too!

Please post if you find out what kind of mix has 4T for one point!

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

High Weight: 294

7-11-2010: 240

7-20-2010: 238

7-28-2010: 236

8-16-2010: 234

I use a storebrand brownie mix. It had fewer calories so I bought it and it came out to one point for 2 Tablespoons (Food City). I could not find any lowfat mixes at my store.

Jina

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as long as we are here we might as well dance! - Andy Rooney

weight.png

Guest TryingWW

Just Mom,

NI is Nutritional Information from the side of the box.

WOW! I never heard of low fat Brownie Mix. Thanks!

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I like this method best with cake! With the brownie mix it just seems too dense to me. The way I do the cake method is use 1/4 cup cake mix and 1 TBS plus 2 tsp water. Or for double I use 1/2 cup mix and 3 TBS water. I used Duncan Hines regular mix and it is 2 points per serving. My local grocery does have the reduced fat cakes but there is no difference in point value. I think the cake tastes just like you baked it in the oven! Without the egg and oil! Hugs, Chrissy

Restarted 4/21/16

SW230/CW193/GW125

Mini-goal: 170 by July 4th

weight.png

I make this often but I use 2 tbls. of regular brownie mix and 1 tbls of yogurt ( whatever kind I happen to have on hand ) someone gave me the recipe long ago and said it was one pt. so thats how I have always counted it.

SW.....220 :mad:

CW.....154 :exercise:

GW.....155 :exercise2

PGW...150 :jump_jack

life is short---live it to the fullest! :)

This recipe was given in our last meeting. If is a wonderful treat when you are in need of a quick chocolate fix.

Brownie in a Mug

1 serving

1 point

4 Tbsp. Lowfat Brownie Mix

2 Tbsp. Water

Mix in a mug, microwave for 1 minute

Add 1 Tbsp FF Cool whip

So, I'm kind of confused here, how many points does this original recipe work out to? :bcb_confu

~Keep on Keepin on~