Health Discovery Network
PJinLV

Core-n Bread Pockets

So last night I made a double batch of Core-n Bread.

It was just to much for the pan.

So I used my mini-loaf pan and poured a small layer of batter into each of the pans, I browned some ground turkey and seasoned it with garlic and italian seasoning, so I put that on top of the layer of core-n bread mix, then some ff sliced cheese. Covered that with another layer of core-n bread mix. Baked it in the oven at 400 for about 30 minutes, and it was sooooo good.

I am imagining you can use ham and cheese or broccoli and cheese. My 9 year old son suggested making a breakfast one with eggs, cheese and ham. I think we will try that this weekend.

PJ:exercise:

'cause I wanna see my kids grow up!

SW 315

High weight while pregnant 300

CW 278

Down 12lbs so far

Working on getting back down to thin!

I tried these last night..but instead of an Italian twist, I gave it a Mexican twist. Browned 99% fat-free ground turkey and added taco seasoning. Baked that with ff cheese inside core-n-bread batter in muffin pan. Served it with a dollop of ff sour cream and pico di gallo. It was really good! Can't wait to try other variations!

Lindy

Wow. Now my mind is racing - I think you've just invented a Core tamale!

:) Smiling Fred :)

SW - 295

WW goal - 200

My goal - 180

CW - 210

HT 75"

Lifetime in 1994

Wow. Now my mind is racing - I think you've just invented a Core tamale!

Fred, there's a Core Tamale Pie casserole-type thing posted here that is really good. If you haven't seen it, it is at this link: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102997&highlight=tamale

Be well.

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Fred, there's a Core Tamale Pie casserole-type thing posted here that is really good. If you haven't seen it, it is at this link: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102997&highlight=tamale

Be well.

Hi Sailorwoman, thanks for the link. That tamale pie/casserole sounds great!

As an aside, my wife and I just finished dinner consisting of the Core-n-Bread Pockets filled with my leftover chicken with tomatillo sauce. It was great, filling, and definitely will be on my "make it again" list!

:) Smiling Fred :)

SW - 295

WW goal - 200

My goal - 180

CW - 210

HT 75"

Lifetime in 1994