Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FunkyMonkey

I think I am doing something wrong

Guest FunkyMonkey

I have used both WW site recipe builder and Mastercook, but the numbers just don't seem right.

If anyone would please put this in a recipe builder and tell me the points

I box Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Pineapple Supreme cake mix

1 20oz can Dole Pineapple tidbits in pure juice.

it makes 18 muffins. Can someone please add this up and let me know the number they get?

Guest FunkyMonkey

I got 0...hmm lol. I think that computers and I just don't get along. I will go back and try it again.

Thanks for trying!

Guest FunkyMonkey

Okay just tried it again and got a 2pt reading?

My information on the pineapple wasn't completely correct. I didn't have any on hand, and when I looked on line, it didn't tell me how many servings per can, so I estimated 3 I think. And I looked online for the nutrition information for the cake mix.

Do you put the nutrition information from what you are using into Mastercook? I've done that a lot.

Just the other day I made a lentil barley soup. MC said it had 6 grams of fat, and I knew that was wrong. They had most of the fat coming from the vegetable broth, which has none! So I added a new listing for the broth I use, and the numbers were much more realistic.

The program has some definite faults, and it seems to have a pretty good learning curve!

Nita

Guest FunkyMonkey

Thanks, that will be my next task, trying to put things in!