Health Discovery Network
wannabe140

4 point french toast

Hey guys!

A simple breakfast recipe to try:

2 slices of french toast with 40 calorie bread, egg beaters, and low fat syrup

40 calorie bread- 1 point for both slices

egg beaters (individually packaged)- 1 point (equals 2 eggs)

1/4 cup buttermilk syrup- 2 points (i used the 100 calorie kind, i think buttersworth)

= 4 points!

just put the bread in a bowl and soak each slice with eggbeaters and cook on a skillet. Then pour 1/4 cup low-fat syrup on it

and the good thing is, it fills you up and it's delicious! :bcb_grin

"Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!"

SW- 194

CW- 168

GW- 140

I make this quite often, but leave off the syrup - don't like sweets too much, but I sprinkle a package of sweet n'low and some cinnamon on the bread.

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

mmm that sounds great, i never thought about making it that way! I'll try it your way sometime this week :)THANKS! :bcb_bravo

"Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!"

SW- 194

CW- 168

GW- 140

You can use a sugar free syrup and eliminate 2 points that way.

Cindi

SW - 215 on 7/27/07

CW - 141.5

GW - 150

38 yrs old

5'7"

Yup, SF Mrs. Butterworth's is my fave too! :)

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I also make this quite a bit. One of my favorite breakfast. I also add cinnamon to the egg mixture and I use S/F syrup. My favorite is called Vermont, Sugar Free Syrup. It is excellent and has no after taste. I have never tried Mrs Butterworths. I have heard others mention how good that is also.

Di :wave:

I use to buy the cozy cottage or the vermont kind ?? not sure the name they are expensive then I tried the wal-mart brand this last time, it taste just like the cozy cottage brand and way cheaper too. So that will be my syrup by the way it's sweetened with splenda.

I can do this with the strength Christ gives me!!

S/W 223.4 / WW G/W 150 reached on 12/23/03

Working my way back to goal !!

weight.png

I add a bit of real maple syrup (from my food co-op) to the bottle of s/f. (Maybe 1/2 cup to an 18 oz. bottle) Mix it well. It makes the whole bottle taste and smell of maple. I am a fan of Mrs. Butterworth's brand.

I actually prefer my own french toast to the diner version.

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

I don't like the sugar free syrups, so I also use real maple syrup (one teaspoon). The key for me is to drizzle one tsp of healthy oil then one tsp of real maple syrup. It has a much richer flavor together. It makes my one piece of french toast much more satisfying to me than a stack of french toast with the fake stuff.

Amy

SW 164.8

WWG 130

Ideal Range: 118-123

CW 129.0

Lifetime 3/1/07

Sugar Free Vermont Made Maple Syrup is my favorite. It tastes just like real maple syrup and is made with splenda. It's a little expensive, but a little goes a long way. I've tried other brands and this is by far my favorite!