Health Discovery Network
Bobby

How do you deal with "eating days"?

I am looking for some advice. I find that every once in a while I have a day that I just can't eat enough. I am always hungry and no matter what I eat, I do not get full/satisfied. Because I lose best when I don't use the weekly points, I find that these days cause grief with my weight loss efforts. Although I am still following program (i.e. using my weekly points), I won't lose anything. This week, I had a couple of these types of days, so I used all of my weekly points. Today is WI day, but I don't even want to go because I don't want to see the gain that showed my this morning on my home scale.

Does anyone else have these kinds of days? What do you do? How do you deal with the psychological effects?

Thanks for the advice,

Suzanne

Just eat your WPA and move on, sometimes your body knows what it needs, maybe go for a walk too but eat them, if you are hungry you are hungry and learning to feel that is all part of the puzzle. :) you heard it now eat it but dont' go nuts! it's easy to read that feeling as "ok I'm hungry, I'll eat and eat and eat" but just follow it close.

IMO all you can do is accept the fact that you're still OP when needing to use your WPA, even if/when the scale tries to prove otherwise, and continue moving on OP. Just make sure on your hungry days that you're eating those points wisely and not spending them on empty calories. Have a batch of the WW veggie soup on hand for those days and eat away. Choose fruits, lean proteins, and higher fiber foods - they're the ones that will fill you up, and don't forget to drink lots of water.

Go to your weigh-in and keep telling yourself that no matter what that scale says you were OP - and if it shows a gain, it is undeserved.

~Kristi~

I have those days especially around my TOM. It's not fun. Psychologically, I beat myself up afterwards every time and I admit, I've skipped my WI because of it. But I've learned that if I log my points and WI anyway (no matter how hard it is), it makes me feel better because I "know" I'm still on track even though I had a bad day or two. It's going to happen (this is a journey) so just know that it will and you'll be better able to deal with it. :)

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

Thanks for the replies. I went to WI and was up 0.8. I know that I was OP, but it is still hard to see the gain. I find it especially hard to listen to all the people talk about all they ate and drank at numerous Christmas parties and still lost weight! Hopefully increasing my activity in the New Year will speed up my metabolism.

Thanks for listening,

Suzanne

well .8 is nothing to miss a meeting over :salut

By going to that meeting today you over came a great things that many of us aare guilty for :bcb_blush and sometimes missing that 1 meeting can spiral done to gaining and never going back. Ive seen alot of memebers do this and then wake up 10, 20 or even 30 lbs heavier in months to come to only come back to ww saying they wished they had never stopped coming LOL

anways If possible maybe really up your workouts. I eat alot of my wpa most weeks (Im a really slow loser) so by adding the ActivityPoints in I kind of make up for at least 10-15 of them KWIM?

My Joys in Life

Sophia Katherine 5/21/04

Nicholas Robert 11/30/06

& 2 Angels

LIFETIME May 2000

My Current Weight 139.5

My goal-125

Thanks Shelly! I know you are right - I will just make sure I stick to plan this week and drink lots of water. I know that I did what I needed to do and know that I enjoy the meetings (although I am not sure of my leader), so I went. It's great to get to know the other members - I am doing this on my own, so I try to talk to the other members during and after meetings!

Onward and downward, right?

Suzanne

I find it especially hard to listen to all the people talk about all they ate and drank at numerous Christmas parties and still lost weight! Hopefully increasing my activity in the New Year will speed up my metabolism.

Sometimes weight gain or loss doesn't show up in the same week - maybe the people who were crowing about their losses this week will be up next week!

Good for you for going to your meeting! Anyone who is serious about weight loss is in it for the long haul, and the little blips up or down each week are not nearly as important as the long term trend.

Also, why not increase your activity NOW? Why wait until the New Year?

If you have these "eating days" fairly often, you might consider switching to Core. I find Core to be much more satisfying than Flex was. And if I'm doing my healthy 8's and eating Core (using my WPA and APs for non-Core foods), I am rarely, if ever, hungry.

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

Excellent!... .8 could easily be the weight of lunch! or a bitof salt, awesome!! you may even come out next week with a larger then usual, lost, it's all in how you handle it. :)

You handled it well!

Kyoot

The reason that I don't want to increase my activity now is because in Jan. it will be hard to get any in. I have a career where Jan. is going to be INSANELY busy - I don't want my body to get used to a lot of exercise now when it might not get any for a month. Once my busy time is over, I will pick up the pace.

I don't know if my logic makes sense, but it's what I have seen in the past with my body.

Suzanne

wow I found a lot of these posts inspiring... I was in the exact same position last week... at WI I was up 1.8 and stayed completely OP.... I was so frustrated and discouraged... But I know that I can't let this break me and I have to keep at it in order to reach my goal...

I think in the new year it will be A LOT easier... I'm going on a 3 day trip to stay with family over xmas and am kinda scared about what i'm going to eat...

**Sheila**

SW- 158.6 (5'9")

CW- 143.8

GW- 135

Hi Sheila,

I am happy this has helped you - it's nice to know you aren't the only one, hey? Good luck with your trip. In my opinion, not much is worth eating given the disappointment I feel in my self after. I know that over Christmas I will have a piece of Nainamo bar, but that is planned. I am bringing some 2 point bars with me so I have an alternative that is easy to count. I am also bring microwave popcorn as an alternative snack.

Suzanne

I have had two of those days in a roll-first real mess up since beginning WWs.

I show a gain but I know if I will get back on plan that the gain is temporary and will go back down in a few days. Plus when I get back to my normal routine of work I tend to do better.

well .8 is nothing to miss a meeting over :salut

By going to that meeting today you over came a great things that many of us aare guilty for :bcb_blush and sometimes missing that 1 meeting can spiral done to gaining and never going back. Ive seen alot of memebers do this and then wake up 10, 20 or even 30 lbs heavier in months to come to only come back to ww saying they wished they had never stopped coming LOL

That's me, unfortunately. And now I've gained those 30 pounds I'd lost and I'm starting over just as big as I was before. I made the mistake of thinking I could just do WW on my own and stopped going to meetings after I started having small gains. Truth is, WI's and meetings were more critical at that time than when I was losing consistently!

Use your points wisely, don't waste them on empty calories. Keep writing down everything you eat. And don't skip a meeting, not even one; one meeting skipped can easily send you into a downward spiral of weight gain.

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back