Health Discovery Network
ThinkPink

Firm- Moderate or High

I count mine in the middle. I wear my HRM and during the main part of the workout I am at the top of my range. I usually count 1 point per 10 minutes of FIRM (if it's cardio/sculpt or cardio only).

Heidi

SW: 244.8

CW: 239.4

Guest ohiomommy

Cardio I count as high--with my HRM I usually earn about 5-6 ap's for that. Sculpt I would count as moderate--more like 3-4. HTH!

I count them all between moderate and high. I just figure the APs both ways and pick a number in the middle. That accounts for warm up, cool down, and the fact that they vary the intensity throughout the workouts. For me an hour of moderate is 3 AP and an hour of high is 7, and I usually count 5, maybe 6 if I "heavied up" that day.

My favorite FIRMs are the ones that combine cardio and sculpting, and even the sculpt-only workouts do a fair job in that department. I have just started experimenting with some of the newer FIRM cardios that don't call for a step, but most of my cardio these days is swimming or maybe skiing (since it's winter). So far I've found that my C+S and S work is more intense than the cardio-only. But then I use a lot of weight!

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie