Health Discovery Network
Epiphany

Corned Beef Dinner - 7 points

I pulled this recipe from the Company's Coming website. It is not a 'diet' recipe, but the nutritionals seem reasonable... and it looks SO yummy. This is on my menu next week. Let me know if anyone tries it!

Corned Beef Dinner

Perhaps one of our most often-requested slow cooker dishes, this beef delight gets rave reviews from people who have never liked corned beef before!

1 lb. Baby carrots

1 lb. Red baby potatoes, larger ones cut in half

1 Medium yellow turnip, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes

2 cups Chopped onion

2 lbs. Corned beef brisket

4 cups Water

2 Bay leaves

1 tbsp. Whole black peppercorns

Layer first 4 ingredients, in order given, in 5 to 7 quart (5 to 7 L) slow cooker. Place corned beef over onion, fat-side up.

Pour water over corned beef. Add bay leaves and peppercorns. Cook, covered, on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours. Discard bay leaves. Transfer corned beef to large serving platter. Cut into thin slices. Transfer vegetables to serving bowl using slotted spoon. Serve with beef. Discard any remaining liquid in slow cooker. Serves 6.

1 serving: 310 Calories; 11.7 g Total Fat (5.5 g Mono, 0.6 g Poly, 3.8 g Sat); 104 mg Cholesterol; 27 g Carbohydrate; 3 g Fibre; 23 g Protein; 1285 mg Sodium

--J

SW 258

CW - ??? - Day 1 back OP

PGR 132-138

I totally LOVE corned beef and this recipe sounds great. The only thing I would worry about is the sodium content, so I probably wont eat it close to WI days. (I make my own "corned beef" out of venison and it has a lot of salt and nitrate in the brine, but if you reduce it it will spoil before it is ready to be cooked.)

I make a recipe very similar to this. I don't use a turnip, but I do quarter a head of cabbage and stuff into the crockpot. I LOVE cabbage with corned beef. It is really good. You should be very happy with the recipe!

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

I tried this the other night, and I just thought I'd report back in to say YUM! A definate keeper! :bcb_bigsm

On another note - It was also my first time trying a yellow turnip - and while that thing was near impossible to cut, it was DELISH... I wonder if I earned APs for cutting that turnip... haha

--J

SW 258

CW - ??? - Day 1 back OP

PGR 132-138

Guest jewelrylady2004

This is "for sure" on the menu for this weekend! Thanks so much for sharing!:bcb_bravo