Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest KimchiNinja

KOREAN food points? Anyone?

Guest KimchiNinja

Can anyone find out points for Korean foods? I keep searching and all I came up with is kimchi is zero.

Im looking for bulgogi, noodles, other kimchi/side dishes, kim bap rolls, soups, etc.

We eat Korean food several days a week. Im sure this is one of my biggest issues as it is very salty and you eat a ton of rice due to the spice level.

Thanks in advance!!

Michelle

I love bulgogi too. It's 5 pts for 1 cup. Korean barbecue short ribs are 8 pts for 4 oz.

If you make your own recipes figuring points for the nutritional values would be the most accurate. calorieking.com has a lot of information.

Abby

SW: 285 (1/1/08)

CW: 179

"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time."

I lived in Korea as well, but it was 15 years ago.

Abby

SW: 285 (1/1/08)

CW: 179

"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time."

I refer to my Korean cookbooks and try to figure points from their recipes - sure, it'll be different than the restaurant's version, but it gives me a good estimate. It's also a huge pain. I love it that kimchi is zero points, but I try to avoid it around WI, because of the water retention issue. Oh, for the noodles, I try to get the NI from similar noodles at the Asian grocery, and figure points from there - with the vegetables themselves, I assume they're Core, so I don't need to worry about counting them (although I do estimate and count the oil they may be marinating in, for the side dishes).

189.8 :bcb_yuck: /140/140 /pg135

Maintaining since 5/18/06 :bcbkickbu

Guest KimchiNinja
You might find dottis helpful. That is where I found some help for me since I live in Korea right now. I am not much help as I do the best I can and estimate. But dottis does have some points. Here is the link. http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/korean.html

Hi, I guess you are working in a hogwan? Ive only passed through Daegu on the way to the east coast. We visit Daejon and the surrouding areas where my husband was born. Do they have WW in Korea? I would pay for a book from them if they did. Ive asked my SIL but she doesnt know nor was willing to find out it seems.

Thanks all.

Michelle

I am not Laura but she is my daughter so I can answer your question. No, Korea does not have WW.

Judy S.

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009

20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%